Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RPM_WG  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:15:30 AM(UTC)
RPM_WG

Groups: Registered

I bought this washer from Lowe's in 2007 as a customer return, and it has sat in my garage since then, until now. I went to install it, and when I got everything hooked up, I decided to do a test run on it. When I turned it on, it made this continuous clicking noise, very loudly, coming from when sounds like inside the detergent tray. At first, it did this for about 30 seconds before running through it's cycle.

But I set it on the 'Clean Washer' cycle, and it ran about half way through the cycle before giving an error message 'F30'.

Now, it seems to be making that clicking noise continuously without doing anything else.

Also, there seems to be bubbles coming out of a vent in the upper right of the back of the machine. I don't know where exactly they came from as they were there when I looked behind it. But there appeared to be remmanants of bubbles near what looks like a vent. Could this be from non-HE detergent? (It was already in there when I started it, I didn't put it in there, so I don't know what was exactly in there).

Does anyone have any idea first if this clicking noise is normal (I've never owned an HE washer before), and what the f30 means?

-Robert in Tx
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

RPM_WG  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:45:17 AM(UTC)
RPM_WG

Well, I just took off the top panel from the washing machine, and it appears I have found atleast part of my problem. It seems to work now, but it's still acting funny.

I have attached a picture of what I found, and marked on it to help describe what's going on.

When cam '1' turns, it turns cam '2' with the lever attached. When it gets into the position shown by the red lines, it seems to push cam '2' too far. When I opened the top, cam '2' was stuck on top of that little plastic knob which is used as a stop for cam '2'. However, once I pulled that off, it still seems to be doing something it shouldn't do. It seems that once cam '2' gets into its far right position, it's too far right, and when cam '1' tries to pull it back, instead of rotating back to the right, it tries to pull it upward.

Could this be because the connecting rod from cam '1' to cam '2' is too long? I bought this washer as a returned item, it was labeled damaged/repaired. Also, the motor that cam '1' is attached to, seems a little loosely mounted. I can wiggle it just a bit.

I hope this info helps.

Thanks,
-Robert in Tx.
RPM_WG attached the following image(s):
DSC02196.JPG
RPM_WG  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:44:47 PM(UTC)
RPM_WG

As a side note, Cam '2' points at one of 5 numbers. Is it necessary that this pointer point exactly at one of the numbers? The cam on mine seems to point in between numbers.

-Robert in Tx
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply