Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jthayer5  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:29:29 PM(UTC)
jthayer5

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Neptune front load washer. I ordered the control board kit for it. It came with the control board, motion sensor, and a wiring harness to go between the control board and the motion sensor. The only problem is the connector on the end of the wiring harness that should connect to the control board does not match where it should connect on the control board. These parts all came together, so they should match. But they don't. Has anyone else had this problem. I ordered part number 34001496 from AppliancePartsPro.com. The picture on the website looks like my old control board which does not have the connection for the motion sensor, but that is not what I received. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 1, 2011 7:42:25 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am wondering if Maytag got the parts mixed up when the packed them (these types of screw-ups are not uncommon, one of Maytag's Tech Bulletins on this model is to correct "Errors in Tech Sheets and Service Manuals"), so call back to APP and get them to either check things out or send you a replacement.

Those of us who reply on this Forum are not connected to the APP parts operations, so our help is pretty limited, but they are good folks and will do what is necessary to make things right. Stress that the parts you received do not look like the photo, and the part in the photo is what you need.

Good luck.
jthayer5  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 8:31:38 AM(UTC)
jthayer5

Thank you for your reply. After I posted the question, I figured out that there was an extra place to plug in wiring harness on the new board. The correct place to plug in the new wiring harness already had one plugged into it. The new wiring harness connected there. As for the extra space, the manufacturer discontinued the original part. The part I have is the replacement and should still work. The catch is that it doesn't. When I turn it on, the door locked LED is on although the door is not locked. The original problem is that the door would not lock. Could it be that I need to replace the door switch as well?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes I would try replacing the door lock assembly, and see if that fixes things.

You can return parts to APP is they are not needed or do not fix the problem, see the returns policy for details and conditions, of which they aren't many.
jthayer5  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 2, 2011 9:36:44 AM(UTC)
jthayer5

I ordered the part, and I will try it with the old board in place first. If that doesn't work, I will try it with the new one in. Thanks for your help.
jthayer5  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:03:18 AM(UTC)
jthayer5

So I replaced the door lock using the old control board and it worked for a little bit. Then it went back to the old E3 error code. So I put the new control board and motion sensor and tried it. It comes on, but it won't do anything. I turn the control knob and nothing changes. Then after a few seconds, it shuts off and won't come back on. Any ideas?
jthayer5  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 11:15:18 AM(UTC)
jthayer5

Thought I would add to what I have posted. Before I get the E3 code, I watch the tub in the washer try to spin. It is like it can't quite get going. Once I adjust the clothes, it sometimes will spin like it should. But then it will hang up again and start the E3 thing again. I am about ready to just by a new washer, but if there is anything that I can try first, I would like to try it. Thanks.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply