Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
N3PTUN3  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 7:56:16 AM(UTC)
N3PTUN3

Groups: Registered

I recently replaced the outer tub (ugh $$) just to replace the bearings -- which had failed because the seal leaked -- and the replacement tub/bearings rattle or knock in spin cycle. Seems like the inner sleeve between the bearings is chattering like a bad caster on a shopping cart. The new tub came with a replacement bolt and washers to "address bearing knock" but none of this seems to matter. Now I find out I can replace the bearings myself, if I want to spend the extra time. I've taken out the old bearings and they were made in U.S.A. . . the new tube bearings are made in china. Why is there an intermittent knock? Has anyone come across this problem?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 21, 2009 12:55:01 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Bearings or bearing spacers do not make a noise like this. Turn the spin basket by hand and see if you can feal something loose in the tub!
neptune help  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 10, 2009 7:07:16 PM(UTC)
neptune help

Check the 3 mounting points where the spinner support meets the inner tub. If any of the bolts are broke or the a spinenr arm is broke that can cause knocking...

See NEPTUNE BEARING. You can replace those bearings for less and they rent the famous tony tool which includes a DVD that shows you step by step how to disassemble machine , replace bearings and install the 12002022 seal kit.

In addition, since you own a MAH3000, you inherited the faulty 12002535 door latch wax motor issue. You can hear a funny song at MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR that explains what happens when the wax motor shorts out...

The earlier MAH3000's have (2) more wax motors in the soap dispenser too that will need to be replaced as well...
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 30, 2024 5:44:08 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I just replaced my outer drum with a new one with new bearings and have what I think is a similar problem. I also used the "bearing knock" fix washers and bolt, but at high speed spin I get the knocking sound on this short video I shot: https://youtube.com/shor...t-b8?si=HJ-QrMkkwNCOrgXS

Is this what you had? I don't want to run the washer wit it making this sound in case it's damaging something.

Does anyone know what causes this?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply