Discuss

error codes on whirlpool duet sport

in

Washer Repair

. "

Hi Thad The complete troubleshooting instructions you can find in the service and repair manual . Gene.

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » error codes on whirlpool duet sport

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: Less than 1 year   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi Thad

The complete troubleshooting instructions you can find in the service and repair manual.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 PM

nsdllc is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad Steele View Post
I am getting an F 28 error code on my duet washer. This is supposed to be a communication error. I replaced the CCU board and no change. I had a low voltage occurrance around the same time the washer crapped out. The door lock also failed, could this failure cause the communication error code?

Download the manual first. Unplug washer and remove the front panel. On page 56 of 96 of manual you will see a picture of the drain pump assembly. To the right is a flip-top cover that is holding wire connectors plugged into the terminal. If the cover is UP, push it back down. PROBLEM SOLVED! The F28 is a communication error code. In my situation, it was loose connectors because the flip-top cover popped up somehow.

This is the 2nd time it happened to me. The 1st time I called a repair guy and I think I paid him about $150-$200?? It looks like he applied duct tape to hold the cover in place. That is how I noticed it.

Push it back down into place and it just might work for you. It did for me!!
Old 10-09-2010, 08:56 PM

mackattack11 is on a distinguished road
Default Error code f28

I was getting an error code f21 regarding the drainage problem in the washer. After my husband successfull emptied the clean out, we started getting an f28 error code. We tried everything that was posted here on the internet. We still had the front panel off while attempting to check the drainage problem. We then started to check off every f28 error code out there. We were at our wits end when I realized that there is a switch on the left side of the inside front panel that lets the washer know whether or not the front panel has been put back on. We put the front panel back on and it worked fine. We were ready to call a repairman because we just hadn't replaced the panel itself. Hope this helps.
Old 05-09-2011, 09:01 PM

Masterblaster8 is on a distinguished road
Smile Put everything back together!

mackattack11. You were correct. We almost called repair man, but you saved us probably 200 bucks.

I initially got f-21 code ( pump messed up). I bought new pump and put it on (first time novice), and started getting f- 28 code ( main brain screwed up).

Putting front back on was all it needed!

Thank you!
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.