Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rickchapski  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 4:33:41 PM(UTC)
rickchapski

Groups: Registered

when my whirlpool washer goes into drain spin mode, it wont pump out water and then wont spin either, I am hearing a noise like the pump wanting to run but it does not sound normal. My guess would be either my pump is bad or the line is plugged. Your help is greatly appreaciated!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 6:57:40 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Take a look at this diagram. Pump and motor replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GHW9200LW0 WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

The pump is located behind the bottom kick plate. It has a nice, easy to open catch-all for coins, buttons, keys, and you name it. I've seen socks in them and balls of lint too. Unscrew part 14 and catch the water with a shopvac or many towels. Inside you may find the problem that is keeping it from draining.

If nothing is in there and its clear all the way into the pump, you might have a bad pump. Good luck.
rickchapski  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 29, 2011 9:25:10 PM(UTC)
rickchapski

Originally Posted by: ThatGuy Go to Quoted Post
Take a look at this diagram. Pump and motor replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL GHW9200LW0 WASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

The pump is located behind the bottom kick plate. It has a nice, easy to open catch-all for coins, buttons, keys, and you name it. I've seen socks in them and balls of lint too. Unscrew part 14 and catch the water with a shopvac or many towels. Inside you may find the problem that is keeping it from draining.

If nothing is in there and its clear all the way into the pump, you might have a bad pump. Good luck.

thx for the response, here is my update, I removed both the drain hoses from the pump to the outside fitting and from the fitting to my house drain, they both had a fair amout of lint in them, then I removed the filter and pump, the filter had some debris in it but not enough to plug the flow. Then I but it back together and the machine started up ok but when it got to the drain cycle it would not drain and a F2 error code appeared. during this time, the pump was making what seem like an abnormal noise but I did still have all the panels off. My next question is, do I replace the pump or take apart the tub drain line running to the pump, one of the blogs I read said that they found the drain line from the tub clogged, but I know there is alot of water in the filter so it has got to be the pump, right?
Your response is much appreciated!
ThatGuy  
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 11:06:39 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I've seen these pumps fail before and they usually get really noisy when they quit pumping. Its probably the pump. If the water came out of the tub pretty fast, then its probably not plugged. One thing about it, its pretty easy to change pumps. Good luck.
smcdaniel8190  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 10, 2014 10:14:04 AM(UTC)
smcdaniel8190

After replacing the pump it still wouldn't drain. Thought about it for a couple of days, verified that the pump was working as it should and thought that it might not be getting any water.

Took off the piece coming from the bottom of the tub (where there is a ball float valve) and it was completely clogged with a HUGE hairball.

Wash, rinse, repeat -- works like brand new now.

Also might help with the mildew problems that people are talking about.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply