Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
lisab6  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 12:38:51 PM(UTC)
lisab6

Groups: Registered

I broke off one of the 4 plastic wings on the bottom agitator of my whirlpool washer. I purchased the replacement bottom agitator and it came today. I unscrewed the bolt that is located in the top of the agitator and removed the whole thing from the machine. I need to know how to get the middle piece off so I can take off the old bottom with the cracked wing and put it back together. I don't see any screws or anything. I saw a diagram and it looks as if there are a lot of parts inside of that middle piece. I want to leave those intact and just replace the bottom. Thanks for any help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 1:32:48 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

The best way to do it is to lay the agitator on the floor, and put both of you feet on the base, and grab the uger part, and pull up hard a quick. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
lisab6  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 1:52:59 PM(UTC)
lisab6

Groups: Registered

I tried that but I can't budge the two pieces. I took off the fabric softener cap and then the plastic cover with the handle. I then unscrewed the bolt and took the whole agitator out of the machine. I only need to replace the bottom pice with the broken wing, everythin inside works fine. I really don't need to take anything else off (I think it's called the cam where the dogs are) to pull the 2 pieces apart?
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 2:13:26 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Groups: Senior Expert

Yea, I know very once in a while, you might neeed to get to thin screw driver, or even a butter knife, and push the two plastic clips that are holding the top part of the agitator to the bottom part, and push them both to the outside. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply