Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimponti  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 6:04:00 PM(UTC)
jimponti

Groups: Registered

My washer has developed a water drip when same is operating. The drip is at the front of teh machine which from what I can tell is either the bottom seal of the drum (probably too far back) or the water pump (most likely). In the old days you would take the back off of the washer and run the machine to confirm issue locations but those days are gone it seems as a number of components now attach to the back.

I guess that I will play parts changer this time as I see no evidence of water on teh cardboard bottom liner of the motor or the transmission and I would have to set the machine on concrete blocks and look underneath to confirm. Is this just a remove the hoses and slip off/on teh new pump then install holding clips and teh hoses? Do you have any instructions that I can review before I move in?

Thanks for any help.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 5:39:21 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

They have made taking these models apart much easier. Just take the screws out of the console, flip it up, take out the clips that hold the cabinet to the back and the whole cabinet will pull forward.

Bypass the lid switch, run the washer and you should see the source of your leak. The pump is the prime candidate.
Steve_53  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 7:25:03 AM(UTC)
Steve_53

I just replaced the pump on my Whirlpool washer (LSR8010PQ0) last night. Exactly the same symptoms - dripping from near the front. I looked up your model number and it appears to be the same direct-drive pump that my machine uses. The entire repair took 15 minutes (and now that I've done it once, it probably could be accomplished in under 10 :) ) Excellent video available here: http://www.********************...rtDetail/Drain-Pump/3296
jimponti  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:07:54 AM(UTC)
jimponti

Originally Posted by: Steve_53 Go to Quoted Post
I just replaced the pump on my Whirlpool washer (LSR8010PQ0) last night. Exactly the same symptoms - dripping from near the front. I looked up your model number and it appears to be the same direct-drive pump that my machine uses. The entire repair took 15 minutes (and now that I've done it once, it probably could be accomplished in under 10 :) ) Excellent video available here: http://www.********************...rtDetail/Drain-Pump/3296

I changed out same yesterday as well. It was a sinch and it turns out that was the problem. Apparently it is very common for these pumps to leak. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
jimponti  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 27, 2011 9:10:18 AM(UTC)
jimponti

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
They have made taking these models apart much easier. Just take the screws out of the console, flip it up, take out the clips that hold the cabinet to the back and the whole cabinet will pull forward.

Bypass the lid switch, run the washer and you should see the source of your leak. The pump is the prime candidate.

I did it the hard way - put the washer on blocks then ran same to see where the water was coming from. It was the water pump. The pump was easy to change. It is a common problem based on what I am told. Thank you for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply