Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cwwhite07  
#1 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 8:11:07 AM(UTC)
cwwhite07

Groups: Registered

I have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II, Super Capacity Plus Washer, model #GSQ9669LW0 that spins correctly at times but quite often does not spin. The motor continues to run following pumping but never stops before going into the spin cycle and the tub does not spin. If this happens for too long it gets a hot smell. A repairman came and said it was the neutral drain transmission and was going to check the price for the entire transmission. I haven't heard back from him in 3 weeks. After reading some of the posts online, I'm not sure if I need the transmission or just the neutral drain part. There is a circle of black debris on the floor under the washer too so I'm also not sure if it could be the clutch. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I really like my machine, which looks brand new although it's 7 years old. I prefer to repair it if it's not too expensive as I do not like the newer models as much. Thanks.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, April 25, 2011 9:07:32 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cwwhite07 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Whirlpool Gold Ultimate Care II, Super Capacity Plus Washer, model #GSQ9669LW0 that spins correctly at times but quite often does not spin. The motor continues to run following pumping but never stops before going into the spin cycle and the tub does not spin. If this happens for too long it gets a hot smell. A repairman came and said it was the neutral drain transmission and was going to check the price for the entire transmission. I haven't heard back from him in 3 weeks. After reading some of the posts online, I'm not sure if I need the transmission or just the neutral drain part. There is a circle of black debris on the floor under the washer too so I'm also not sure if it could be the clutch. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I really like my machine, which looks brand new although it's 7 years old. I prefer to repair it if it's not too expensive as I do not like the newer models as much. Thanks.

CW,

There's a lot going on there,

I'm thinking you most likely have a bad clutch assembly, based on your post.

Part number: AP3094537
Part number: AP3094537

And you will want to check or replace the motor coupling assembly, as well

Part number: AP3963893
Part number: AP3963893

These are more common problems, than a bad neutral drain lever or bad transmission,

Here's a good informative post from our Repair Forum, it will give you a lot of information and get you on the way to repairing the washer.

http://forum.appliancepartspros...-washer-brake-shoes.html

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply