Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
scrabs  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:48:54 AM(UTC)
scrabs

Groups: Registered

GE washer won't stop filling with water, regardless of the water level setting or cycle chosen. Turning the water off to the unit does not work. The machine won't recognize that it has filled, and so it never begins the agitation cycle, and keeps filling with water. Any suggestions as to where to look for the problem?

thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 7:30:59 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to check the pressure tube between the pressure switch and the tub, if it has water in it or has a crack or hole then the water will not shut off.
Unfortunately, there isn't a breakdown available on this site of your machine. If you need to see the breakdwon go to the searspartsdirect website and put in this number WJRR4170E0WW

Nat
Skelbrute  
#3 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 6:26:00 PM(UTC)
Skelbrute

Groups: Registered

I have this same washer, and it overfills periodically. Occasionally it seems as though the tube may become stretched where it connects to the switch, allowing the air to leak out and not put enough pressure on the switch to activate it. Water in the tube can also cause this. You can trim the end of the tube off about an inch, to fix the stretching and give you a tight seal around the switch again, and blow into the tube to remove any water that is in there. Let it sit for about an hour to get a really good seal, then do test fill.

To access the tube and switch, remove the control panel screws (torx I believe) and it will be on the far left hand side, where you specify load size. Naturally unplug it before hand, I got quite a little shock the first time I worked on this thing.

I have had this washer since 2004, and it first started doing this in 2008, and it is becoming more frequent as time goes by. I plan to purchase a new hose( $10) and new switch ($60) in the near future to replace mine, I have almost trimmed my hose too short now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply