Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Broker Dave  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 9:25:51 AM(UTC)
Broker Dave

Groups: Registered

Control Board

UserPostedImage

Closer Shot Of Burned Area On Control Board

UserPostedImage

Smelled burning wire and traced it to washer, now washer doesn't reverse spin and leaves clothes wet at end of total cycle.

I think it's the motor as it spins but does not reverse, any thoughts?

Also I pulled the front and don't see any burned wires. Tub spins easy and unit is clean inside motor frame area as up to this year we had a Sears contract.

Opened and removed the control panel to reveal main control board and discovered the burned area that produced the smell.

If I replace the board will it happen again, maybe something else in the washer caused this problem.

Broker Dave
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 8:28:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 12:33:23 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Replace the wax motor AP4026523 located in the door latch assembly. New motors are better and don't short out.
Broker Dave  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 9:20:03 AM(UTC)
Broker Dave

Thanks Guys,

I checked out the latch mech 'wax motor' and indeed it's fried, looks to be an ongoing problem and hopefully the new black rod unit fixes the problem.

Also it looks to be a blessing and maybe it will be a while longer before it happens again.

Broker Dave
neptune help  
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 17, 2009 6:38:32 PM(UTC)
neptune help

Originally Posted by: Broker Dave Go to Quoted Post
Thanks Guys,

I checked out the latch mech 'wax motor' and indeed it's fried, looks to be an ongoing problem and hopefully the new black rod unit fixes the problem.

Also it looks to be a blessing and maybe it will be a while longer before it happens again.

Broker Dave

Dave,

There is a repair kit available to repair the Neptune control board located at MAYTAG NEPTUNE WASHER R11 Q6 REPAIR KIT + 12002535 WAX MOTOR but your board looks like it burned pretty bad. The blue C19 took at hit as well when the R11 resistor burnt.

Another issue with the earlier Neptunes is the bearings are starting to get loud in spin cycle. The bearings can be replaced without replacing the $450 outer tub. See NEPTUNE BEARING for details. You can also rent the neptune bearing tool which includes use of the DVD that shows you how to disassemble Neptune, remove/install bearings and install the 12002022 seal kit. A nice package that will save you about $750 because a quote to fix your loud bearings will be about $900 from an appliance technician that does not know about the bearing tool kit / bearings.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 1:39:57 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have never repaired one of these boards. These are dense boards and are easy to damage. The price of a new board is well worth it considering the fact that there are many other unreliable triacs on the board that could also fail later.
I assume the new boards have better triacs as the board I replaced never failed.
If you find bad tub bearings, go to my article "replacing Neptune bearings" found from the search box.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply