Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bobmole  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:24:46 AM(UTC)
bobmole

Groups: Registered

I have a [FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Kenmore washer model 110.28812790. My lid switch is physically broken where the lid post would activate it. I can use a small screw driver and activate the switch. The actuator part pics do not match what I can see on my machine. And I cannot tell if the lid switch assembly will fit for my machine. Help please.......</SPAN>[/FONT]
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 5:36:50 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Call in your order to APP and they will get you the right part. If you need a new actuator, order that also.
bobmole  
#3 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:30:23 AM(UTC)
bobmole

I think that I only need one part. I can make the spin cycle work by pressing on the remains of a recessed lever on the machine lid switch so the lid switch is still functional. So I might only need the actuator. But I cannot see how it would attach to the existing switch. How do I determine what is actually needed????
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:34:41 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, I am maybe a little confused on what you called the actuator. I refer to it as the plastic piece that is attached to the lid and engages the lid switch.

If you mean something on the lid switch itself, the answer that the lid switch is sold as a single unit and is not separately repairable.
bobmole  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:44:59 AM(UTC)
bobmole

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I am maybe a little confused on what you called the actuator. I refer to it as the plastic piece that is attached to the lid and engages the lid switch.

If you mean something on the lid switch itself, the answer that the lid switch is sold as a single unit and is not separately repairable.

Ok. I have the plastic piece to activate the switch. But, I found this on the site. I have tried to attach a jpg of the actuator that I am talking about. However, I am not sure it attached.
bobmole attached the following image(s):
actuator.jpg
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 4:58:53 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, here is the lid switch that is listed for your machine by both Sears and APP (APP is a lot less expensive)

WHIRLPOOL 3949238 Lid switch assembly, AP3100001 | AppliancePartsPros.com

The picture you posted is the actuator, which is the plastic piece that engages the lid switch. From what you have said, it sounds like your actuator is ok, (they usually are) and that it is the lid switch itself that needs replacing. If you need to replace the actuator, it has plastic tabs which can be squeeze with needle nose pliers to remove the old one from the lid and the new one can then be just inserted and it will snap in.
bobmole  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 5:01:39 AM(UTC)
bobmole

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, here is the lid switch that is listed for your machine by both Sears and APP (APP is a lot less expensive)

WHIRLPOOL 3949238 Lid switch assembly, AP3100001 | AppliancePartsPros.com

The picture you posted is the actuator, which is the plastic piece that engages the lid switch. From what you have said, it sounds like your actuator is ok, (they usually are) and that it is the lid switch itself that needs replacing. If you need to replace the actuator, it has plastic tabs which can be squeeze with needle nose pliers to remove the old one from the lid and the new one can then be just inserted and it will snap in.

Thanks for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply