Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dchefscott  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 6:26:10 AM(UTC)
dchefscott

Groups: Registered

Hello all...

I've been reading the posts from Gene and hope that the fuseable link is that simple with my machine too. Will have to locate it tomorrow. Tonight, Sunday, my wife went to do a small load of laundry. The machine was fine until it came time to final spin when it did nothing but made its normal noises without moving the tub. I purchased the machine 2nd hand a month ago and has been working fine. Its a new machine as they only used it a few times but the former owner wanted a front not a top load machine.

I located the green LED light on the top right of the board and it blinks 6 times.

Please let me know.

THANKS in advance for any help you can assist me with.

Scott
drchefscott@yahoo.com
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Corn Man  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 11:55:17 AM(UTC)
Corn Man

I can't find the mini manual for our GE WJRR4170G1WW washer that won't spin. Green light blinks 7 times. Does anyone know what that means?
Thanks
dchefscott  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2009 4:18:24 PM(UTC)
dchefscott

Hello,

Allow me to let you in on a few tips that helped me. Since my machine was brand new and under 1 yr old, I had to call 1-800-GE-CARES and they sent a repair service to fix my machine 100% free. The motor they installed in this unit, I am told, is inferior and by them replacing it for me, I am back in business.

To locate the mini manual, remove the front cover. Un-bolt the 2 small bolts on either side of the frame to the left and right of where you found the 2 latches to remove the cover. Lift the lid slightly and look straight back on the left hand side of the rear panel. It should be there.

7 flashes... my mini says : Description: LID SWITCH DID NOT OPEN. Action: CHECK LID SWITCH.

If you have anymore questions, please fell free to ask.

Scott
fixable  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:58:07 PM(UTC)
fixable

I've got the same Model #, After taking the thing apart, I was able to see the LED light.
It also, blinks 6 times. After opening up the Pub No. 31-16525, it told me that the light indicated Locked Rotor?
Solution, it says Make sure system is free?
So, I started disconnecting the wire terminals leading to the motor and one seems to trigger the light too flash again.

I'm at a loss?????????????????????????
Dose this mean I will need to replace the motor?
Or, do I need to make sure all connection are intact?
The only one that wasn't was the lid switch?
I'm going to try this.
I'll be back!
fixable  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2009 1:17:17 PM(UTC)
fixable

Originally Posted by: fixable Go to Quoted Post
I've got the same Model #, After taking the thing apart, I was able to see the LED light.
It also, blinks 6 times. After opening up the Pub No. 31-16525, it told me that the light indicated Locked Rotor?
Solution, it says Make sure system is free?
So, I started disconnecting the wire terminals leading to the motor and one seems to trigger the light too flash again.

I'm at a loss?????????????????????????
Dose this mean I will need to replace the motor?
Or, do I need to make sure all connection are intact?
The only one that wasn't was the lid switch?
I'm going to try this.
I'll be back!

Well, that didn't work.
What I found is that when I connected the two wire terminals blue and black onto the motherboard the light indicator starts flashing again.
Same 6 times. When I disconnected the leeds the light stop flashing after a clicking sound was heard.

So,
I can only spectulate at this time.
Does the rotor mean in the shaft, motor, or on the service panel? Like maybe the timer?

Anyhelp is appreciated.

After 3 hours I'm taking a break.
fixable  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 22, 2009 7:05:41 AM(UTC)
fixable

Well, I can't seem to find my post, so I'll state what I found.
It turned out to be a bad motor.
Bought a new one.
Now, I'm waitting for Monday too roll around so I can get my split ring that goes underneath the tub. These rings are made out of lead? Flimsy.
Anyway,
The led light is great, but, as it turned out. The motor was more $$$$$ than what a good used washermachine would cost. But, hey, at least I know where this machine came from.;)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply