Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wpanic  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2011 6:39:12 PM(UTC)
wpanic

Groups: Registered

Hi all:

Looking for some help; Fridgidaire Front Loader not completeing the final spin.

Checked diags and the code came up E43, Control Board Problem = Replace the Control board.

So, I promptly ordered the control board from this site, installed it and.. No Joy on the final spin - still not working. Interestingly, I could not get the new control board to go into diagnostic mode... I could read the error code and it remained a E43.

Reinstalled the old control board and now the Frau can spin out the clothes using the diag mode. And yes, it does spin in diag mode.

Now I'd really like to get this fixed and after reading the forum on similar isses with other Fridgidaire machines it seems it can also be the Speed Control board (motor control board?) as well as the door switch. I did test the door switch using the diagnostics and it passes, not to mention the door does lock, but could it still cause the spin cycle to fail? I did check all the connections on the speed control board as some suggested but no joy there either.

Any ideas? Speed Controller or Door Switch? I'll be returning the control board but would like to get the right part. Not keen on the $164 Speed controller but if that does it.... so be it.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Bill.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2011 4:56:26 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Hi Bill

A lot of times on these models the error code will suggest the CCU when the speed control board is bad. The speed control board is the weak link in these system, but unfortunately, as you have found out, the only way to really be sure is to buy one and change it out.

I would order one from APP here, since it is one of the few places you can return electronic parts and see if that fixes things. If not, the door lock assembly is the next place to try, but based on experience I think the speed control board is the culprit.
wpanic  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:45:11 PM(UTC)
wpanic

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Hi Bill

A lot of times on these models the error code will suggest the CCU when the speed control board is bad. The speed control board is the weak link in these system, but unfortunately, as you have found out, the only way to really be sure is to buy one and change it out.

I would order one from APP here, since it is one of the few places you can return electronic parts and see if that fixes things. If not, the door lock assembly is the next place to try, but based on experience I think the speed control board is the culprit.

Thanks Sid!

I was thinking that's the best next logical step. Thanks for the confirmation

Will work on swapping the parts tomorrow.

Best regards,
Bill.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 6:18:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Good luck, let us know what happens.
wpanic  
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 14, 2011 8:48:58 PM(UTC)
wpanic

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Good luck, let us know what happens.

Wellll... No joy on the Motor Control board. Installed the new one tonight and the final spin is a no-go.

I pulled out the door switch just for grins and it's mostly/all electro-mechanical with no discreet logic that I can see. Appears to be in working order (had the cover apart and checked all the connections). As I said earlier, the door lock diag passes and the machine works fine except for the final spin.

I also read that the water level sensor might cause problems but I can't fathom (pun intended) why it would affect the final spin.

There's not much else I can replace so I am beginning to wonder if the replacement control board was in working order; When installed it appeared to work fine (except for the final spin of course) but would not go into diagnostic mode... makes me wonder if it was good/the right match.

Any ideas on what I can/should do? It's a fine machine; works well, cleans great, etc., would really like to get it back in working order.

Any help is appreciated!

Regards,
Bill.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:55:02 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would invest in a good meter and follow the diagnostic test in the service sheet behind the front kick panel.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply