Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
misterfixall  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:36:01 AM(UTC)
misterfixall

Groups: Senior Expert

whirlpool F/L duet washer error code FH, i find in many instances replacing a noisy pump resolves problem. what have you guys experienced ? has there ever been any confusions with HF and what were your results +the steps you took to resolve it? thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

kayakcrzy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 1:40:00 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

No water detected entering machine or Pressure switch trip not detected. If after 30 seconds the control does not detect water entering machine and then valves will be turned off and the error code will be displayed.
Or
If the control has turned the water valves on and after 8 minutes the flow meter has detected 10.5 gallons of water passing through it, but has not detected the pressure switch trip, the valves will be turned off and the error code will flash.

Press PAUSE/CANCEL twice to clear the display.

Potential Causes

• If there is no water in the unit:
- Make sure that both valves at the water source(s) are turned on all the way.
- Check for plugged or kinked inlet hoses or plugged screens in the inlet valves
- Verify inlet valve operation
• If there is water in the unit:
- Verify Drain pump operation
- Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and Pressure switch

• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump, Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation

This is right from the manual. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
misterfixall  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 2:27:28 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

yes i have the manual, most eveything is suspect, what i would like to know is what part or parts do you personally mainly replace for this error code ,just out of curiosity, without referring me to manual
kayakcrzy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 5:06:41 PM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

If the screans on the washer water valve are not clogged, an no water hot or cold are coming in, it is hard to tell from here. Most times both side of the valve do not go bad. So check the hot fill and the cold fill. If no water comes in, it will most likey be the control board. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
misterfixall  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 11, 2009 6:49:01 PM(UTC)
misterfixall

this is just a hypothetical question. through your own personal experience,what part is usualy at fault if a part is needed for FH error code.have you replaced more pumps or more flow meters or more ccu units or more pressure switches ,which of these parts have you replaced more often? thanks
kayakcrzy  
#6 Posted : Monday, January 12, 2009 4:19:53 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

More CCU units. I always carry a few with me. Tom ApplianceEducator.com
davew26  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 5:54:16 PM(UTC)
davew26

Groups: Registered

Our Whirlpool Duet would stop at various times. Never consistent. I checked the discharge pump and could hear the pump running and water flowing out so the pump was good. The filter was clean. After running a wash, having to reset the machine four or five times, the load finished but there was some water left in the tub. I suspected the water inlet flow valve, part number PS391478, I ordered one and installed it and our machine is working great.

I noticed that before changing the valve I could see the water flowing into the tub and it flowed like a beer tap. After installing the new valve the water flows like a garden hose, much better. So the flow control device was not detecting enough water flow and gave the FH code and stopped the machine.

Easy fix. Took 15 minutes.

Thanks for the hints and other posts. :)
farmgirl  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2017 7:10:13 PM(UTC)
farmgirl

Groups: Registered

My hot water was turned off and my son started a load. the machine was flashing HF I turned it off and the drain pump kicked on, it will not shut off. I have tried eery button several times and for long periods of time, unplugged it and waited hours several times. I plug it in and the pump kicks in but the door is locked and the control panel lets you do everything but turn it off. The hot water is on and hooked up but still nothing. Any suggestions?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply