Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
yvonne  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2007 5:15:45 AM(UTC)
yvonne

Groups: Registered

We have College rental units and this stackable washer and dryer set are in most of them. We have a problem with several of the dryers leaving rust stains on the clothes. I'm wondering if anyone has a diagnosis for this, or knows why or how this happens. Thanks, Yvonne
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 29, 2007 3:28:29 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I think you have an anodized steel drum in these, they do not rust. If they are not anodized and rusty, the only solution I know is to remove the rust spots with emory paper at the beginning of rental, daily use will prevent rust buildup.
If anodized, you probably have worn drum front glides, Pn AP3156144.
rodney stanley  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 9, 2008 10:03:19 AM(UTC)
rodney stanley

The rust stains are actually from the felt type washer in the back of the dryer caused be accumulated dust. You need to sufficiently clean off the felt washer first.
emmagata  
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 11, 2008 7:52:20 PM(UTC)
emmagata

Originally Posted by: rodney stanley Go to Quoted Post
The rust stains are actually from the felt type washer in the back of the dryer caused be accumulated dust. You need to sufficiently clean off the felt washer first.

I have a Kenmore dryer that's leaving thin rust stains. We thought it was the washer but it wasn't. I discovered that the rust is coming from the felt washer between the rear bulkhead and the drum. It appears the clothes are getting pinched in the gap as they tumble. I looked up the parts but it would be pretty expensive to replace the parts (bulkhead, drum and felt washers). I was thinking about ripping it apart to see if the rust area can be repaired and then just replace the felt washer. I really hate have to replace it as it's only 8 years old (with just a 2 person household).

Any ideas? Thanks.
richappy  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 12, 2008 2:16:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You need to pull the drum out and clean the back panel with comet cleanser, then replace the felt gasket.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply