Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wgeiger5847  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:44:31 PM(UTC)
wgeiger5847

Groups: Registered

I've got an older Roper washing machine that came with the house. I'd prefer to repair it as I will be getting a new place in about a year and I do not plan to take the washer/dryer with me.

Starting last week my wife found the washer stuck in the spin cycle. It does not make any noise when on and in the spin cycle. So I fairly certain that the belts are intact.

This afternoon I used a small flatblade screw driver to push down the lid switch and I was able to get it to spin for a few seconds before it stopped. I attempted to repeat the test again and it only works sometimes when using the screwdriver. I am not always successful on each try. When using the screwdriver I am pushing the switch down further than the peg on the bottom of the lid would.

This has to be some kind of sensor of electrical issue as I am not able to repeat it everytime. Am I on right track to start with the lid switch? Or should I look to another component. Any other tests or information I cna provide. Lastly, I really appreciate any help.

Roper Washer
Model Number: RAS5133EQ0
Serial Number: CK 2535089
Type 111
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 5:53:09 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is your parts breakdown
Model RAS5133EQ0

As long as the lid strike #20 is OK, I would replace the lid switch #11 in the "Top and cabinet" section
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wgeiger5847  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 8, 2009 6:01:27 PM(UTC)
wgeiger5847

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here is your parts breakdown
Model RAS5133EQ0

As long as the lid strike #20 is OK, I would replace the lid switch #11 in the "Top and cabinet" section

Thanks for quick response. It looks as though I could try to replace the switch by removing the two screws that hold it to the top of the cabinet and unclipping the wiring from the back. Is this they way it should be replaced or should (is this even possible?) I remove the top of cabinet?
denman  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 3:21:15 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Worth a try but you will probably have to open it up to replace the switch
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
wgeiger5847  
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 8:01:43 AM(UTC)
wgeiger5847

Denman,

I just wanted to follow up with the washer. The lid switch was the definitely the culprit. I ended up having to take the cabinet off because of a ground screw and some 'c' clips that hold the switch wiring in place. All and all the replacement took about 30 minutes and some of that included a little cleaning while everything was apart. Thanks again for your help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply