Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
David90909  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 7:22:57 PM(UTC)
David90909

Groups: Registered

My washing machine started making a squeaking noise about two weeks ago, it only does it on the agitation cycle the spin cycle is perfect, it sound like a belt slip, but i was wanting to make sure there isn't bigger problems any help would be much appreciated
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

judy1434  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 15, 2009 10:23:47 AM(UTC)
judy1434

My Amana is experiencing the same problem. I am thinking it's the belt....but how easy is it to change myself????? Are there directions someplace on how to do that?
richappy  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 12:58:16 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Tilt the washer back and remove the belt, replace if slick. Check the tranny and motor pulley's for burnt marks, then check the pump for bad bearings. Post results. Belt AP4024823, tranny pulley AP4009132, pump AP4025157
tim_mac  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 29, 2009 8:30:58 AM(UTC)
tim_mac

Mine just started this squeak too - seems common. Check out this video, the guy has the exact same problem: YouTube - Amanatag Washing Machine Squeak

I played this video and my wife started laughing because the noise is the exact same.

My belt seems okay but there is evidence of something rubber grinding at the base of the washer - lots of black "rubber dust" All else seems fine. I've read that this washer is also prone to tub seal problems. I'm going to try lubricating the brake pads first and I'll post the results.
Dealmeinn  
#5 Posted : Friday, April 6, 2012 6:03:27 AM(UTC)
Dealmeinn

I have an Amana NAV5805AWW. It is about 4 years old and gently used. It stated making a belt slip noise during the wash cycle only. I replaced the belt. I noticed that it appears the motor slide mechanism does not tighten the belt as tight in the wash cycle as it does in the spin cycle. I cleaned the slide up and even applied a little silicone to the slide area. Has anybody else experienced this and have a fix? Thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply