Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
joemorin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:50:09 PM(UTC)
joemorin

Groups: Registered

Drive shaft moves back and forth properly but the agitator is not gripping it. This model has a hex sided, somewhat conical hub/drive block which sits on top of the shaft and is attached by a stud/bolt through the top of the hub. The inside of the hub is smooth and conical and accepts the tapered shaft face 2" vertically within it.

I do not know how the hub attaches/grips to the shaft. There are no splines in the inside of the hub nor on the shaft, or perhaps they are worn smooth. I can tighten the top bolt down all the way with no effect.

Does this hub get pressed or glued in place on the shaft? There seems to be some kind of ceramic glue or grout which fills spline-like cuts on the outside of the hub perhaps helping with the connection of the plastic agitator to the hub outside of the hub. The same grout seems to be filling a circular void at the bottom of the hub between the hub and shaft.

How does the hub grip the shaft? Please tell me someone reading this forum knows about this.

Thanks,

Joe M.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.