Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
srnewton  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 3:25:23 PM(UTC)
srnewton

Groups: Registered

We had a technician come out and look at it and he said it was the drain pump and the lock! So we changed the latch, lock and drain pump. So now it drains but it won't agitate. It will fill all the way so super full level and then drain. It ends with a ol code sometimes. We have run the automatic and the manual tests on it. We have done several of the individual tests. I have also looked at some of the posts on here. So we are thinking it is either the Machine/Motor control or the stator.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 8:45:42 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am thinking it is either the interface or the control unit. I assume you have the tech notes, so Test #4 should head you in the right direction, but in the end you may just have to try replacing parts and see what fixes things.

I would start with the control unit. If you buy from this site and the part does not fix the problem you can return it, see the returns policy for details and conditions.
srnewton  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:40:32 AM(UTC)
srnewton

Well we changed the motor control and it is showing a code F83. It does everything that it is supposed to but agitate! Not sure what to do now! Any suggestions?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 5:58:56 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

I think changing the main control unit is the best option.
srnewton  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:30:10 AM(UTC)
srnewton

It seems like it is not sensing that the water level is high enough to agitate. It will agitate in the tests but it stops and gives an OL. We have replaced the control board once before! I got this in 2007 and it tore up a year later and we fixed it and then not quite a year later it broke again. I have been using another washer because we didn't have the money to spend on this aggravating expensive thing!
srnewton  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:32:39 AM(UTC)
srnewton

Sorry not the motor control board but the other one
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:34:30 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

My experience with these models is that they work great when the work, but they are prone to a lot of problems and diagnosis is difficult and parts are expensive. Since you have another machine my advice is to get rid of this one, I would not put a whole lot of money into it.
srnewton  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 6:39:14 AM(UTC)
srnewton

I am going to replace the computer board and then will probably but it outside! It is so frustrating! You think that you are spending the xtra cash to get a really good washer and it turns out the cheaper ones are better. Whirlpool should have a suit filed against then for this one!
jmcwatchdog  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 26, 2016 8:11:59 PM(UTC)
jmcwatchdog

Make sure the water level hose does not have a hole in it. Also check to see if it is pinched or clogged before you replace the control board. The pressure switch is not reading correctly,so the machine will over fill then pump out. I know this is an older post, keep this in mind for future reference. I see that I am listed as a junior member, but I am an expert with 37 years of experience in the field.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply