Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fixmytag  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2011 5:11:25 PM(UTC)
fixmytag

Groups: Registered

I read the 3/9/11post (Joe/APP team) about the noisey bearings on a Maytag and I'm going through the same problem. I've got the washer torn down but can't get the support out of the spinner tub. The new parts shown on your website shows the support and bearing shaft as one piece. Is mine different and does the shaft separate from the support? Is this where the spanner wrench comes in?
Any help would be appreciated. I look forward to your reply.

Gary
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:22:22 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: fixmytag Go to Quoted Post
I read the 3/9/11post (Joe/APP team) about the noisey bearings on a Maytag and I'm going through the same problem. I've got the washer torn down but can't get the support out of the spinner tub. The new parts shown on your website shows the support and bearing shaft as one piece. Is mine different and does the shaft separate from the support? Is this where the spanner wrench comes in?
Any help would be appreciated. I look forward to your reply.

Gary

Gary, Once you remove the the belt, and tub drive pulley and bolt/washers, you should be able to remove the completer spin tub and shaft assembly through the front of the tub.

You can also separate the tub from the spinner support shaft, you'll need to remove the three "rear" baffles in the spin tub, under the baffles you'll see the 1/2" bolts holding the spin tub to the tub support, if you wish.

Yes, the spinner support and the spinner shaft, is a single piece component. Your washer has the same assembly.

I don't recall ever needing a "spanner" wrench or mentioning it in a post.

You may need or want to use a torque "wrench", to properly mount the spinner support bolts(18 ft.lbs.) and the drive pulley bolt (33 ft.lbs.) but it's usually not necessary.

You should be fine from there.

Good Luck,
:) :) :)
fixmytag  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 30, 2011 4:22:17 PM(UTC)
fixmytag

I finally got it out. I had it all torn down to the support spider but it wouldn't come out of the bearings - wasn't sure how the shaft was retained. Had to get a bigger hammer - had quite a bit of corrosion between the shaft and inner race.
Thanks for the help.

Can you tell me what part numbers to order? I'm not sure the parts for the Noisey Tony fix should be the same as mine - I don't see some of those in my machine. Thanks.

Gary

PS: Model number is MAH5500BWW
Serial number is 67788810ZF
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 5:47:13 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

I finally got it out. I had it all torn down to the support spider but it wouldn't come out of the bearings - wasn't sure how the shaft was retained. Had to get a bigger hammer - had quite a bit of corrosion between the shaft and inner race.
Thanks for the help.

Can you tell me what part numbers to order? I'm not sure the parts for the Noisey Tony fix should be the same as mine - I don't see some of those in my machine. Thanks.

Gary

PS: Model number is MAH5500BWW
Serial number is 67788810ZF

Gary, Thanks for the additional info, but all the parts you need are pretty much universal for a MTG NTN built Neptune Washer.

The tub lip seal kit Part number: AP4009088
Part number: AP4009088

Front Bearing Part number: AP4027296
Part number: AP4027296

Rear Bearing Part number: AP4027296
Part number: AP4027296

Hopefully, you didn't damage the end of the spinner support assembly, and can clean and shine it up with some penetrating oil and emory cloth, But ,

Part number: AP4324795
Part number: AP4324795
is the spinner support shaft assembly, if you need it.

Since you're halfway through the repair, the rest will be a breeze.

Good Luck,
fixmytag  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2011 3:16:07 PM(UTC)
fixmytag

Joe;
Thanks for the parts info, but.......
You've listed the same part number for the front and rear bearings (AP4027296). They're not the same but please confirm I ordered the correct rear bearing from your company.
I phoned my order in and Brent said the rear bearing number should be AP4027027. Correct?
Please let me know so I can cancel and order the correct one if necessary.
Thanks.

Gary
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 5:49:17 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe;
Thanks for the parts info, but.......
You've listed the same part number for the front and rear bearings (AP4027296). They're not the same but please confirm I ordered the correct rear bearing from your company.
I phoned my order in and Brent said the rear bearing number should be AP4027027. Correct?
Please let me know so I can cancel and order the correct one if necessary.
Thanks.

Gary

Gary,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure if it was me, or the system.

Yes, Brent did give you the correct part number for the rear bearing

Part number: AP4027027
Part number: AP4027027

Again, I apologize.

Thanks and Good Luck,

fixmytag  
#7 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 2:17:20 PM(UTC)
fixmytag

Thanks for the help Joe!
If it works out, it'll save us a ton of money.

Gary
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 4, 2011 5:31:37 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for the help Joe!
If it works out, it'll save us a ton of money.

Gary

Gary,

Great, And you're going to save a lot of money, besides, it'll make a nice Saturday morning project.

Good luck,

fixmytag  
#9 Posted : Sunday, April 10, 2011 5:12:13 AM(UTC)
fixmytag

Joe;
Thanks again, the bearings worked and we're back in business.
I had one comment about installation and that is that the seal kit has instructions to show how it's done, the bearings don't. My concern is with what I'll call the bearing collar or spacer. After driving the small or rear bearing against the snap ring, I wasn't sure how far to drive the larger front bearing. I assume I had to drive it so the collar is trapped between the two bearings? Tricky, because I didn't want to side load the inner races too much.
I torqued the pulley screw to the 33 ft-lbs but I'm not sure if it's enough to pull the large bearing given the effort it takes to drive the bearings into the tub race. The spyder rotated smooth and felt good so I assumed it's OK.
Just a comment. A small instruction sheet with the bearings would be helpful.
Thanks.
Gary
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Monday, April 11, 2011 7:30:01 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Joe;
Thanks again, the bearings worked and we're back in business.
I had one comment about installation and that is that the seal kit has instructions to show how it's done, the bearings don't. My concern is with what I'll call the bearing collar or spacer. After driving the small or rear bearing against the snap ring, I wasn't sure how far to drive the larger front bearing. I assume I had to drive it so the collar is trapped between the two bearings? Tricky, because I didn't want to side load the inner races too much.
I torqued the pulley screw to the 33 ft-lbs but I'm not sure if it's enough to pull the large bearing given the effort it takes to drive the bearings into the tub race. The spyder rotated smooth and felt good so I assumed it's OK.
Just a comment. A small instruction sheet with the bearings would be helpful.
Thanks.
Gary

Gary,

I was able to find a tutorial, instruction, information post from our Repair Forum.

But I knew you'd be able to handle it.

We're glad you're up and running smoothly.

Thanks,

http://forum.appliancepartspros...repair-pic-tutorial.html
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply