Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Indybob  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2011 5:04:44 AM(UTC)
Indybob

Groups: Registered

I have a Maytag Heavy Duty, 2 speed, large capacity top-loading washer that moves all over the floor during the spin cycle. I have had this used washer for 3-years, in the same location and this balance problem just started over the last month. Happens in small or full loads at least 95% of the time. Any help would be most grateful.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 4:13:58 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If you will post a model number someone should be able to help you. In the meantime, see if you can operate the machine with the front panel off (assuming yours is a model where it does come off, which is highly likely) and see what the problem appears to be.
Indybob  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 4:02:26 AM(UTC)
Indybob

Thanks for your attention. I got the numbers, but left them at home today. I will post them soon. I leveled one of the two front legs a bit more when it started to shake during the spin cycle. I was told that the next load went fine. Previously, when I checked for rocking of the unit due to the legs being off (not running), I could not rock it at all. But then during the spin cycle (with a load) it would be all over the place. It seems that it is best to test the level by actually running a load to get a good feel of what is going on. I'll keep an eye on it for a while and see how it goes. If I continue to have trouble, I will take off the front panel and take a look around. Looks like two screws at the botton of the panel?? Thanks Bob
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 25, 2011 4:42:19 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Sounds good. If there are two screws at the bottom of the front panel, take them out and the front panel will swing up and off. You can then observe the machine will it is running. Focus on the springs and the support pieces.
Indybob  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 11:11:06 AM(UTC)
Indybob

Sidfink43, thanks for your help and follow up. We have ran about 5 loads of wash and the machine has not moved. Must have been that the legs got out of adjustment and was causing the problem. Thanks again for your help and support. Bob
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2011 11:24:51 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Excellent, glad you got it fixed and thanks for the update. Hope it stays still from now on.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply