Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wendysuebee  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2011 11:19:53 AM(UTC)
wendysuebee

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore automatic washer model #110.92284100. It was bought new in 1993. We are having multiple problems that we've been able to work with but now is not being able to completing a wash load. The problems began several months ago when I noticed that the hot/cold settings were not working as they always had. For hot wash I'd have to set it at cold, and vice versa. At this time I also noticed that the "normal wash" setting was not agitating as vigorously as it usually did, so I began to use the "heavy duty" setting on a regular basis to get my clothing clean. For awhile now, the heavy duty setting is not doing an adequate job. The biggest problem that has surfaced now is that it will fill with water and agitate for awhile, but then will entirely stop and do nothing until I slam the lid, jiggle the whole washer or change it to a rinse setting. Since I can never "know" how many times it has done the rinse cycle, then I am unsure if it is getting my cloths clean and don't think it is as well as it should. My questions...Since this is an older machine, does it make sense to call service to see if a part needs to be replaced? Is there something obvious here with my troubles that clues you in to a specific problem? My husband is handy and usually fixes minor problems, but he has not looked at this yet and I'm unsure if it is worth his time to tear the thing down, only to find that we will need a new washer anyway. Please advise.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.