Discuss

LG Washer Pump Replacement Procedure

in

Washer Repair

. "

Originally Posted by Red Ducati You saved me big money. I called for service but they could not come until

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » LG Washer Pump Replacement Procedure

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-25-2012, 04:42 PM

dz63 is on a distinguished road

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Ducati View Post
You saved me big money. I called for service but they could not come until tomorrow. With time to kill I got on the internet and found your information. The pictures, advice on spring tool and instructions made the job go smooth.
Thanks Again.
You are most welcome. Curious - what was wrong with your machine and what were the symptoms?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 04-25-2012, 04:51 PM

Red Ducati is on a distinguished road
Default loud noise

Wife started washer then left for work. I came home and the washer was making a very loud noise. I could tell something was between the inner and outer drum. I could not reach it with my finger but as I turned the drum I could hear it roll to the bottom. Didn't know if taking the boot off would give me any more room to reach the object but I didn't want to pay $250.00 to have someone come out and do what I could do. As it turned out the object was a marble. Kid's and pockets. With the boot off I could reach it, everything went back together just fine. No service call of $250.00, no LG spring tool for $60.00, just a $9.00 part and some grinding did the job.
thanks again
Old 05-14-2012, 01:28 PM

DPetry is on a distinguished road

Thank you! A LOT. I'm from Brazil and my pump just failed. They wanted Something like US$200 for replacing it, I managed to do it myself for US$40. That all thanks to your photos and instructions. So again, thanks a lot!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:10 PM

dirkelstein is on a distinguished road

Great instructions. My washer and dryer are stacked and installed in a small alcove. It's a great big PIA to get to the rear of the washer and to follow LG's instructions I would have to unstack the washer / dryer. Enjoying a challenge and usually intent on working alone I found a way to access the pump from the front. A few notes to get there:

1. Loosen screw at each side of the dryer hold down bracket, two screws. Remove hold down bracket.
2. Slide dryer to front about ~1” to 1.5” and lift until dryer feet clear hold down slot. Slide dryer back and rest on bracket or small piece of wood.
3. Proceed to disassemble per manufacturer’s instructions starting with two screws behind soap dispenser. Note: had to break standoff on plastic panel at top right corner. If does not break easy could maybe drill from front and later cover with piece of white tape or bumper sticker. Trust me, it’s not worth taking the washer out and accessing from back. Mine standoff broke clean at the plastic weld and one cannot tell after reassembling.
4. I used some long nose needle nose pliers to remove the spring ring around the large rubber door gasket / seal. No special tool is needed.

I am thinking of removing the complete door gasket assembly for a thorough cleaning when I have more time.
Good Luck!
D
PS: Like dz63 I urge to keep track of where each of the screws came from. I did not and had a hard time reassembling...<grin>
Old 08-08-2012, 05:00 PM

Sirandolph is on a distinguished road
Default Many Many thanks,....

Many thanks to you for posting this step-by-step. I reallyappreciate the time you spent to put your posting together. Awesome, awesomejob. By reading some of the blogs regarding my washer not spinning I narrowedit down to the pump needing to be cleaned or replaced. Your posting cut thetime needed to remove the pump in half.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:53 AM

susanrm is on a distinguished road
Smile Thank you!!!

You have made my DAY!! I bought a WM3431HW used a few years ago and have been doing all the repairs/maintenance on it myself. Last time I was so on my own... made lots of mistakes, but replaced the main bearing and seal with a little help from some friends. That time I had to take the whole thing apart down to the skeleton. Now I am replacing the pump motor (which I have confirmed is dead with my new multimeter), thanks to your help, as well as the drain hose and another part that has died twice. Keeping this 2006 machine alive as long as I can, as inexpensively as possible! Thank you again!!

Susan
Old 04-13-2013, 05:54 PM

wilson100 is on a distinguished road
Default help

Hi, I had an intermittent OE error with machine not draining, I followed your great direction to replace the drain pump. Now it sounds like I'm not getting any power at all to the drain pump it still won't drain and now I don't even get an OE error..I checked the wire connections to the pump and it seems fine. Any other ideas or now could it be the main board?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:13 AM

Terry 2 is on a distinguished road
Default Amazing!!!

This was REALLY helpful!!!worked out better than expected,saved me a ton of money!!!!THANK YOU
Old 09-10-2013, 07:36 PM

jomeza001 is on a distinguished road

Hi there guys. My wife is out of business as of today because the drain pump on her LG front load washer seems to be fried. I already cleaned it up and lots of built in sediment got out. However it's not working after a good cleaning. So i will pull it off and test it. In the picture it seems like Don has conected the pump to bare extension cable plugged to the 115Volts jack on the house?? Is this correct? I'm about to do this but don't want to short it up.

LMK.

Thanks for this awesome write up. The wife will be very thankful and so all the kids. (yeah, me too).
-Jorge

***edit: I just test it as in the picture and the motor works fie. The problem is in the propeller. it has a lot of play and therefor it fails to keep running. I found out the propeller was not very tight onto the shaft so i tried to press it against the shaft and tested again and it worked. I tried to stop it with my finger while running on my bench and it seemed pretty firm. So i went ahead and installed everything again and test run it. Unfortunately it does not drain! And there is a big noise like if the propeller were hitting something but it's not. The propeller did run good while it was on my bench.

What do you suggest me to look at??

Last edited by jomeza001 : 09-10-2013 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 05:54 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

I would replace the pump.

Just get your model number and look it up in the parts page of AppliancePartsPros.