Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dz63  
#1 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 6:46:39 PM(UTC)
dz63

Groups: Registered

Hi Guys - Need some help with this one. I have an LG Tromm WM2477HW. The water won't drain out of it. I removed the strainer and cleaned it out. There wasn't much in the strainer - mostly just algae. Next I removed the pump and cleaned it out. There was a bit of algae inside the pump inlet and the small rubber drain hose used to manually drain the washer was completely plugged. I got the drain hose unblocked by blowing compressed air through it.

Then, I bench tested the pump with 110VAC. It runs fine on 110VAC..

Next, I blew through the pump drain hose with compressed air - air comes out the othe end of the hose, so the drain hose does not appear to be blocked.

After all of this, I put the washer back together and ran a quick 18 minute rinse cycle. The washer fills, the drum spins back and forth, but when it is time to pump the water back out at 13 minutes, the machine just sits there. The timer stays at 13 minutes and the light on the front flashes SPIN, but the drum is stationary - it just appears to sit there doing nothing.

Is there some way for me to check if the pump is getting power? What is the next step to troubleshoot this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tabednarski  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 13, 2011 5:35:33 PM(UTC)
tabednarski

I have the exact same problem for a 2277hw. Did you find a fix? Curious about the total bill, am hearing that it will be cheaper just to replace. THANKS!
dz63  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 5, 2012 4:00:03 PM(UTC)
dz63

Originally Posted by: tabednarski Go to Quoted Post
I have the exact same problem for a 2277hw. Did you find a fix? Curious about the total bill, am hearing that it will be cheaper just to replace. THANKS!
Sorry for the delay in response. I changed my email address and did not get your message until now. My problem turned out to just be some sediment build up in the pump. I took the pump out blew it out with compressed air, put it back together again and voila - it has been working fine ever since. It didn't cost me anything to fix it - just a few hours of work. I posted detailed instructions how to remove the pump and clean it out on this link...

http://forum.appliancepartspros...placement-procedure.html

Good Luck!

Don
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply