Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsouder  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 8:56:10 AM(UTC)
dsouder

Groups: Registered

Maytag Neptune top load washer won't drain. It seems to run through the was cycle then hangs up at the drain/spin cycle. There are no error codes only the time left is displayed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 9:22:24 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Can you hear the pump trying to work, or nothing at all?
dh1200s  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:23:26 AM(UTC)
dh1200s

dsouder

Wow I just ran into this issue on another forum Google this “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem””

I do not consider this fixed but read thru the post then come back to this site and let us know if you want to troubleshoot the issue.

I believe you are failing in the first spin cycle of the wash cycle with no error code.

I own three FAV6800A’s bit of a hobby but I have some hands on and a number of post on this site for issues and fix actions.

You will need the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual. Google ““16022808 Revision 0 December 2003””

magician59 I don’t believe this is a Drain Pump issue. dsouder can turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and prove that out……..Dick
magician59  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 10:51:48 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Didn't see that in his original post.
dsouder  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 1:17:49 PM(UTC)
dsouder

Originally Posted by: magician59 Go to Quoted Post
Can you hear the pump trying to work, or nothing at all?

I hear something trying to work off and on but not sure what it is I hear.
dsouder  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:22:07 PM(UTC)
dsouder

Originally Posted by: dh1200s Go to Quoted Post
dsouder

Wow I just ran into this issue on another forum Google this “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem””

I do not consider this fixed but read thru the post then come back to this site and let us know if you want to troubleshoot the issue.

I believe you are failing in the first spin cycle of the wash cycle with no erro code.

I own three FAV6800A’s bit of a hobby but I have some hands on and a number of post on this site for issues and fix actions.

You will need the FAV6800A/FAV9800A Service Manual. Google ““16022808 Revision 0 December 2003””

magician59 I don’t believe this is a Drain Pump issue. dsouder can turn on the drain pump in Service Mode and prove that out……..Dick

I have downloaded the Service Manual. I ran the pump test and it worked properly. When I run the Quick Spin test, it only goes up to 48 for a very brief moment then idles down and repeats. If water is in the tub, it does not drain in this service mode (quick spin).

Any other suggestions for me to test?
dsouder  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:28:39 PM(UTC)
dsouder

dsouder

I believe you are failing in the first spin cycle of the wash cycle with no erro code.

I have downloaded the Service Manual...thanks. The pump does work when spin/drain service is ran. But while in Service Mode, if I run the Quick Spin Test with water in tub, it will not drain and the rpms only reach 48 momentarily then stops then repeats spin again and again with only 48 rpms reached each time.

Any other things I should be checking?
dh1200s  
#8 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 11:02:24 PM(UTC)
dh1200s

“”I have downloaded the Service Manual.””

Good deal; It’s a must if are going try to DIY the fix.

""I ran the pump test and it worked properly.""

Good deal; So you turned on the Drain Pump is Service Mode and emptied the
Wash Tub is that correct?

""When I run the Quick Spin test, it only goes up to 48 for a very brief moment then idles down and repeats.""

I understand; This is why I asked you to Google “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” and read that post. I feel that issue it similar to your issue? Same failure scenario from where I sit and I do not consider that owners issue a fix. The issue cleared while troubleshooting. I won’t go into the details it’s in that post.

This issue has happened to many owners on the net but I have found it difficult get owners to go thru the process of troubleshooting the issue. The above post “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” is a first for me.

“”If water is in the tub, it does not drain in this service mode (quick spin).””

I understand; The Motor RPM Cycles up and down I assume rotating the tumblers and you never advance in the Quick Spin test to turn on the Drain Pump as in the Wash Cycle. I assume in if you do a Spin Only cycle you stay at 12 indicated on the LED display and it never counts down, is that correct?

From what I have observed the issue is as you described “”It seems to run through the was cycle then hangs up at the drain/spin cycle. There are no error codes only the time left is displayed.””

So the issue is related to entering into the first Spin cycle but can be duplicated in Service Mode with the Quick Spin test and I bet with the Quick Service Cycle test and a Spin Only cycle is that correct?

So the mystery is why does the Motor RPM Cycles up and down I assume rotating the tumblers as if the machine was trying to correct for an unbalance condition and redistributing the wash load.

If you want to continue to troubleshoot I would go into Service Mode then go to page 17 in the SM and read and record the Diag Code blocks. Once recorded I would clear the list and run a Quick Spin test and a Spin Only cycle (so you are not filling the washer with water) and see if the Diag Code blocks record an error.

I would also go to page 19 of the SM and do the Tub Displacement Sensor Diagnostics test and make sure the TDS is signaling properly to the Control Board…

""I hear something trying to work off and on but not sure what it is I hear.""

May be a relay clicking sound from the Console or the Motor Controller down in the Lower left bottom side of the washer. If the sound is coming from the bottom of the machine pull the front cover off, see the SM for the details and see if you can locate the noise source.

Follow all saftey recommendations in the SM……….Dick
dsouder  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 4:18:36 AM(UTC)
dsouder

“”I have downloaded the Service Manual.””

Good deal; It’s a must if are going try to DIY the fix.

""I ran the pump test and it worked properly.""

Good deal; So you turned on the Drain Pump is Service Mode and emptied the
Wash Tub is that correct?

""When I run the Quick Spin test, it only goes up to 48 for a very brief moment then idles down and repeats.""

I understand; This is why I asked you to Google “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” and read that post. I feel that issue it similar to your issue? Same failure scenario from where I sit and I do not consider that owners issue a fix. The issue cleared while troubleshooting. I won’t go into the details it’s in that post.

This issue has happened to many owners on the net but I have found it difficult get owners to go thru the process of troubleshooting the issue. The above post “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” is a first for me.

“”If water is in the tub, it does not drain in this service mode (quick spin).””

I understand; The Motor RPM Cycles up and down I assume rotating the tumblers and you never advance in the Quick Spin test to turn on the Drain Pump as in the Wash Cycle. I assume in if you do a Spin Only cycle you stay at 12 indicated on the LED display and it never counts down, is that correct?

From what I have observed the issue is as you described “”It seems to run through the was cycle then hangs up at the drain/spin cycle. There are no error codes only the time left is displayed.””

So the issue is related to entering into the first Spin cycle but can be duplicated in Service Mode with the Quick Spin test and I bet with the Quick Service Cycle test and a Spin Only cycle is that correct?

So the mystery is why does the Motor RPM Cycles up and down I assume rotating the tumblers as if the machine was trying to correct for an unbalance condition and redistributing the wash load.

If you want to continue to troubleshoot I would go into Service Mode then go to page 17 in the SM and read and record the Diag Code blocks. Once recorded I would clear the list and run a Quick Spin test and a Spin Only cycle (so you are not filling the washer with water) and see if the Diag Code blocks record an error.

I would also go to page 19 of the SM and do the Tub Displacement Sensor Diagnostics test and make sure the TDS is signaling properly to the Control Board…

""I hear something trying to work off and on but not sure what it is I hear.""

May be a relay clicking sound from the Console or the Motor Controller down in the Lower left bottom side of the washer. If the sound is coming from the bottom of the machine pull the front cover off, see the SM for the details and see if you can locate the noise source.

Follow all saftey recommendations in the SM……….Dick

I just read “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” and went thru the drain pump test again. Pump did activate. Then I tried to spin the tub by hand......not so good. Tub won't turn in either direction. It also takes much longer than 1 min to unlock lid. I didn't time it, but seemed like atleast 2-4 min b4 it would unlock.

I am going to run thru test on pages 17 & 19 of SM and let you know what I find.
dsouder  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 5:44:53 AM(UTC)
dsouder

Originally Posted by: dsouder Go to Quoted Post
I just read “”[FIXED] Maytag Neptune, Timer Problem”” and went thru the drain pump test again. Pump did activate. Then I tried to spin the tub by hand......not so good. Tub won't turn in either direction. It also takes much longer than 1 min to unlock lid. I didn't time it, but seemed like atleast 2-4 min b4 it would unlock.

I am going to run thru test on pages 17 & 19 of SM and let you know what I find.

Went thru pages 17 & 19 of SM. Found no error codes in the Diagnostic Codes. All I got was "--", two dashes. Everything seemed to be normal for the displacement sensor test on page 19 of SM.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply