Discuss

Washer sounds like a helicopter

in

Washer Repair

. "

My kenmore oasis HE washer was quiet as a mouse for a year, then started getting louder and louder on

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Washer sounds like a helicopter

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2011, 10:40 AM

chuckman is on a distinguished road
Default Washer sounds like a helicopter
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

My kenmore oasis HE washer was quiet as a mouse for a year, then started getting louder and louder on the spin cycle. Now it sounds like a helicopter landing. Other people that I know with the HE washers say the same thing.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 03-09-2011, 12:26 PM

montesakid is on a distinguished road
Default Did anyone ever remedy this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
My kenmore oasis HE washer was quiet as a mouse for a year, then started getting louder and louder on the spin cycle. Now it sounds like a helicopter landing. Other people that I know with the HE washers say the same thing.
Did anyone ever remedy this? Mine is doing the same thing
Old 03-09-2011, 06:40 PM

chuckman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesakid View Post
not yet, maybe soon
Old 06-09-2011, 10:16 PM

naners is on a distinguished road
Default washer sounds like an aircraft taking off

Quote:
Originally Posted by montesakid View Post
I have a Kenmore HE 5t Elite, only 2 yrs old, sounds like an aircraft taking off every spin cycle. I checked in to it did not stop til I got an answer.
I am a woman you don't want to fool with.
Turns out on these machines the rear tub bearings/ spin basket support give out. It is a manufacturing issue and at least on mine, I have a ten yr warranty on the tub or basket , whatever you want to call it. the whole tubbasket needs replaced because of how the bearings were manufactured into the tub. sucks, really sucks! I guess it could be worse.
Hope that helps some of you.
Old 06-10-2011, 03:50 AM

David F is on a distinguished road

naners,
Yours is a front load model, the Oasis is a top load model, they are very different in construction.
Should you be interested in what I believe causes the failure of the spiders in these machines please visit the thread on this site: -
Spider Corrosion And Foul Odours In Front Load Washers
Old 06-10-2011, 10:00 AM

naners is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by David F View Post
naners,
Yours is a front load model, the Oasis is a top load model, they are very different in construction.
Should you be interested in what I believe causes the failure of the spiders in these machines please visit the thread on this site: -
Spider Corrosion And Foul Odours In Front Load Washers
Is there another thread? I did not see where you stated what kind of washer you had.
to the rest of you, I was being helpful. I know the problem with my machine and it is getting fixed. forthose of us who have "FRONT LOADERS"
there is a mnaufacturing issue in the rear tub bearings.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:05 PM

David F is on a distinguished road

To naners,
The original post in this thread refers to an 'Oasis', a top load model.
Reading your post I concluded that you were identifying your front loader as being similar to the original subject of the thread. Should I be in error I apologise.
Whilst you may well be aware of the current fault on your machine, are you aware of what may of caused these faults? Should you be, that is why I suggested the thread I did. Should you have no interest so be it.
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.