Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
extopgun  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 2:53:47 PM(UTC)
extopgun

Groups: Registered

Maytag MAH5500AWW fills, does not lock, agitates drains and pumps out,will not spin, timer moves to off , on light blinks weakly. Before this it did everything but unlock
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 5:16:33 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You need to put it into a diagnostic mode and you need the service manual which unfortunately Maytag no longer makes available. It is, however, downloadable from several sites on the internet.

You are looking for the Maytag Neptune MAH3000 manual, and your model is discussed in detail at the back of it.
extopgun  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:43:02 PM(UTC)
extopgun

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
You need to put it into a diagnostic mode and you need the service manual which unfortunately Maytag no longer makes available. It is, however, downloadable from several sites on the internet.

You are looking for the Maytag Neptune MAH3000 manual, and your model is discussed in detail at the back of it.

there is no diagnostic mode all manual settings. I opened it up and it is burnt worse than any example I have seen will a board and wax motor fix it? I will search for manua \l but don't really know where to start.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 4:04:03 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok, because I was not paying as much attention as I should I did not realize you had the MAH5500 A model which is not a common one, as opposed to the MAH5500 B model which is and has built in diagnostics.

So, if your board is burned replacing it and the wax motors should fix things. However, the board is expensive and you may want to consider a new machine given the history of these older Maytag Neptunes.

To find a service manual for your machine do a Google search on Service Manual for Maytag Neptune and find the one with the fellow from WKRP on the cover.
extopgun  
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 6:51:19 AM(UTC)
extopgun

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Ok, because I was not paying as much attention as I should I did not realize you had the MAH5500 A model which is not a common one, as opposed to the MAH5500 B model which is and has built in diagnostics.

So, if your board is burned replacing it and the wax motors should fix things. However, the board is expensive and you may want to consider a new machine given the history of these older Maytag Neptunes.

To find a service manual for your machine do a Google search on Service Manual for Maytag Neptune and find the one with the fellow from WKRP on the cover.

Have decided to fix it, at todays prices and economy just best for me now. I did talk to Maytag and they were willing to send someone out but no assurance I wouln't have to pay for service call and there would be several days delay. I will post again only if I have more difficulty. But there is an updated board and motor. CONTROL BOARD IS 22003010 not sure motor is absolute latest but 1200535 has black plunger. Thank you again for you replies.
extopgun  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 4:21:24 AM(UTC)
extopgun

Replaced board and wax motor, everything seems good. Is there anyone who would want old board to rebuild. My parts with shipping were $186. Sidfink43 thank you again for responding.
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:39:21 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well very good, glad you got it fixed and the price for parts was high, but your total repair cost was well below what you would have incurred if you had to have a service call.

Most people who make this repair find that their machine lasts for a good long time, hope yours does too.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply