Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sesser  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 8:00:16 AM(UTC)
sesser

Groups: Registered

Only use the chlorine dispenser once every 3-4 weeks as the kids are now all gone. Did a load last night and added the chlorine into the chlorine dispenser. When load was done, I noted what appeared to be a small puddle of water on the floor. When I wiped it up with an old dish towel, it was obviously chlorine as the color of the dish towel bleached out. Today I poured a cup of water into the chlorine dispenser to see if it would leak, and it did not.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Sesser
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 9:42:55 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not sure if this is relevant to your problem, but Maytag has re-designed the dispenser (they do that a lot). Here is the info from their tech bulletin

Order new detergent dispenser 22003797. Replace old dispenser with new
dispenser having a re-designed nozzle clip. The nozzle clip collects residual detergent in the spout area and puts it into the water before the machine ends the cycle. Use the existing torsion rod and retainers not included with the replacement dispenser. For new installations, or to replace entire kit, order “Detergent Dispenser Kit”
22003796. The “Detergent Dispenser Kit” contains the new dispenser with the re-designed nozzle clip. Note: The re-designed nozzle clip is not interchangeable with the original detergent dispenser.

APP does not list this part as available, so I would call them and see what they say and recommend. (Those of us who reply do not work for APP and are not associated with their parts operations, so unless we are very familiar with a part we are not much good in talking about specific parts)

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply