Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
blackward@sbcglobal.net  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 7:08:03 AM(UTC)
blackward@sbcglobal.net

Groups: Registered

I have a front loader washer model as above. The bleach, softner, and soap dispensers do not work. When any of the above are put in the dispenser they just go directly in to the washer. I removed the top and noticed there is a valve that I believe should change during the washing cycles. It has 4 pisitions I, II, III, and IV it is stuck on II. I looked up the part for the dispenser actuator and it looks like to be the part I need. With the top removed the actuator does not move. Is this the problem with the dispenser? Is there a way to check the actuator. Thank for your help.

Bennie Blackward
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 8, 2011 6:05:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Go ahead and replace the assembly, that sounds like your problem. If you order from this site and the parts do not fix the problem you can return them; see the returns policy for details and conditions.
blackward@sbcglobal.net  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 6:21:22 AM(UTC)
blackward@sbcglobal.net

:confused: I do have one more question before I replace the actuator I watched the washer cycle washing with the top removed so I could watch the actuator. It moved from position I, II, III, IV during the cycle. By this the actuator is working the thing I don't know if there is a valve or valves that move each time the actuator arm moves? How can I check this? Do you still think the actuator is still the problem?

Thanks

Bennie
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 9, 2011 7:56:41 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

It sounds like the lever may have been disconnected, but hard to tell from afar. I would go ahead and replace the part, this one here

Part number: AP3128788

as I think it is your most like fix. I am assuming that the lines are clear since you have more than one problem line.
blackward@sbcglobal.net  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 7:26:59 AM(UTC)
blackward@sbcglobal.net

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like the lever may have been disconnected, but hard to tell from afar. I would go ahead and replace the part, this one here

as I think it is your most like fix. I am assuming that the lines are clear since you have more than one problem line.

Thank you very much for your help. I have ordered the dispenser actuator and now I need to know how to remove the old one. I see there are screws under the pointer on top of the actuator. Does the pointer with the spring attached just pry off to expose the screws? I see that the pointer is keyed so one cannot be put back on the wrong way is this true? again thanks for your continued support.

Bennie
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply