Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

8 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bentwrench1999  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 2:14:47 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Groups: Senior Expert

Try not to use bleach..Find some Washer Magic..This may help. Also, can you post your Model# so we can see which machine you have? wrench:)
JaneWEllis  
#12 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 4:42:46 PM(UTC)
JaneWEllis

Groups: Registered

Hello Bentwrench,
Thank you for your response. I bought this washer in September, 2001. It is GE Model WSXH208A1WW. I'm not sure if I need to replace the big rubber seal or if one of these cleaning products will do the trick.
JaneWEllis  
#13 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 4:46:22 PM(UTC)
JaneWEllis

I can see gray, moldy-looking residue inside the rubber ring/seal and it smells moldy. Washer Magic's ads refer to lime deposits, but don't mention mold. Will it work as well as the other product mentioned in this thread?
Thanks again.
bentwrench1999  
#14 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 5:08:50 PM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Hi..mold and mildew problems are common in front load washers. What I do to my Neptune Front Loader is I use 1 cup of Cascade detergent and run the machine through a complete cycle.Check to make sure the boot drain hole is clear of lint. Water needs to drain back into the tub or it WILL mildew.good luck..wrench:)
JaneWEllis  
#15 Posted : Friday, January 11, 2008 5:30:40 PM(UTC)
JaneWEllis

Thanks again for your help on this. Sorry I'm so ignorant, but I'm not sure where the drain hole is and I'd like to look for any lint and clean it out per your advice. Can you tell me?
bentwrench1999  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 8:54:55 AM(UTC)
bentwrench1999

Open the door and look inside at the bottom of the opening. There is a rubber boot that's capable of holding water. Look for a whole about 1/4" in diameter and make sure it's clear of junk. Then Find a packet of Affresh. This is a chemical used to clean mold and mildew. I've heard it does a wonderful job..wrench:)
JaneWEllis  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2008 9:06:04 AM(UTC)
JaneWEllis

Thank you. I have looked there and see many holes in the rubber, rather than one. So I'm simply cleaning anything that looks like it might be "the" drain hole, if it's only one on my model's boot. I ran the washer 2 times with Cascade which helped a lot, but there's a built-up of smudge that I am also trying to get out with paper towels and Q-tips. If you think Affresh will do the trick better than Cascade, I will certainly try it. And I really really appreciate your help.
GeorgeG  
#18 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2008 9:33:40 AM(UTC)
GeorgeG

Where does this moldy "gunk" accumulate? Is it in the outer tub, pumps, hoses, etc? My only option may be opening up the washer (Bosch WFK2401) and mechanical removal as I cannot use chemicals for cleaning. It took 6 years for the smell to show up in my washer. I smell it outside the unit when running. Can the gunk be outside of the water flow?

Thanks,

George
Gene  
#19 Posted : Saturday, January 19, 2008 6:27:43 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi George,

The Affresh specifically designed for a front load washer. Why you can not use it on yours?

Gene.
JaneWEllis  
#20 Posted : Sunday, January 20, 2008 11:37:54 AM(UTC)
JaneWEllis

In my front-loading machine, the gunk accumulated in the rubber boot between the door and the tub. You have to peal it back to see the underside and the crevices where it's moldly.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply