Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vmx120  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 28, 2011 7:52:56 AM(UTC)
vmx120

Groups: Registered

The fill valve makes a buzzing noise while filling. I took it apart and cleaned the screens and tested it. I am pretty sure they are not closing. If they dont close will this prevent the washer from advancing to the next cycle? Can you bypass the solenoids by placing a jumper wire across the wires to check this?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 5:54:14 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

I am not sure exactly what your problem is. If the valves are not closing completely water will continue to come into the machine and it will overflow.

If the machine is not starting to agitate after it fills, but the water stops the problem can be in either the water level switch or the timer.
vmx120  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 4:56:12 AM(UTC)
vmx120

Thank you for your reply. Actually the initial problem was it filled then just stopped doing anything. I took my multimeter aand tested all the components, which tested good, and was just about to chalk it up to a bad timer, when I discovered that the jumper I had placed across the lid switch was not a good connection so I fixed that. When I turned the timer to spin, it fired up, then I heard arching from down by the motor and it stopped. What I found was that on the pump side of the motor, in the lower right side behind the case is a small black piece of material that had a white wire going in on a terminal. It had broken off and apparently was shorting out against the case. I am sure now, that was probably the problem. My question now is, can this be fixed or am I in for a new machine as the motor costs more than the machine. Can I resolder the wire onto what remains of the terminal still in there?
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 12:22:12 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Since your choices are to get a new machine or see if you can fix this one, go ahead and try to fix it. The worst case is that you are no worse off then you were before.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.
vmx120  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 3, 2011 2:45:40 PM(UTC)
vmx120

Thank you for your reply. I will give it a try and let you know what happens.
vmx120  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 6:52:44 AM(UTC)
vmx120

Well, finally got back to the washing machine (truck blew a head gasket and had to put on hold while I fixed that) There was just enough of the terminal left that I was able to solder the wire to it. So far its working just fine, wife is doing the happy dance. Thanks again. :D
sidfink43  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 1:36:46 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Great, glad to know that worked and thanks for updating us.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply