Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jim Engel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 9:26:12 AM(UTC)
Jim Engel

Groups: Registered

My front load washer does not complete the final spin cycle. The machine makes a humming sound or motor sound during the time it should be spinning whcih leads me to believe that it could be a belt problem. Water does drain from the drum before the spin cycle Tub does revolve back and forth during the agitation cycle.
What I do not know is how the drum is powered through the spin cycle. Is it a drum drive or direct drive. I haven't taken it apart yet, partly because I am not sure the best way to gain access. I haven't found a repair manual or help site that explains fromt load wahers very well. Is the means to power the drum through the agitation cycle the same way the drum is powered during the spin cycle.
Could the belt that spins the drum have slipped off or broken ?
Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

okbobcats  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 21, 2008 5:44:02 PM(UTC)
okbobcats

Groups: Senior Expert

Its the motor controller down inside the machine
kayakcrzy  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 5:14:24 AM(UTC)
kayakcrzy

Before you go through the expense of a new motor control board, take the back off the washer, and you will see the water pump. There will be a big fat hose, that comes from the tub, to the pump. It is very possible that the filter inside that big black hose coming from the tub, is clogged, stopping the drum from advancing into the spin cycle.
Jim Engel  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:46:05 AM(UTC)
Jim Engel

Originally Posted by: okbobcats Go to Quoted Post
Its the motor controller down inside the machine
What makes you think it is the motor controller?

where is it located on the unit how do I gain access to it and is there a way to test it?
okbobcats  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 24, 2008 10:16:39 AM(UTC)
okbobcats

it on the bottom of the machine there is also a tech sheet on the side of the machine stuck to the side. it will tell you how to test the comtroller also it will let you test a few other things. but if the water is draing out completely the it most likely the controller.
another mom  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 9, 2009 5:58:38 PM(UTC)
another mom

My GE frontloader is doing the same thing. It pumps water out, but doesn't spin. I have cleaned all of the change/baubles from the hose, no difference. Removed the belt, set the timer to Regular wash, started it, the moor doesn't turn. hecked the speed control with a meter, it seems to be ok. How do you check the door lock switch to see if it's out? I know how to remove it, but don't know how to check it, or the timer switch, which seem to be the only two things left. Anyother ideas?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply