Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cah14522  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 6:21:15 AM(UTC)
cah14522

Groups: Registered

Our LG front loading washer has leaked on us a couple of times over the past few weeks, causing a lot of damage to the ceiling in my rec room below. While I have never been present when it leaked, my wife feels it is leaking from the bottom of the unit someplace. The sink drain where this washer goes to does not seem to be the problem.

Any suggestions on what I should check for the source of this leak? This is an LG front-loading washer, model WM1832CW which has worked very well for us up until this point. Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 6:48:57 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Check around the door boot and make sure you have no tears there. Also check all the hoses under the tub assembly and make sure none of these are leaking. I'm attaching a link to the parts diagram for you on this model.

Section 2 replacement parts for LG WM1832CW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com
cah14522  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 8:18:09 AM(UTC)
cah14522

How do I get at the hoses that you mentioned to check for leaking? Obviously the best way to watch for the source of the leak would be when the washer's running. But is there a way to visibly inspect the hose you noted while the washer's running? Thank you!
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 8:54:15 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

There is an access panel on the back of the washer, as well as one on the bottom. Fill with water and check both places.
cah14522  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:01:55 PM(UTC)
cah14522

Is it necessary to run the machine through a cycle to look for leaks? I can't really access the back of the washer, so I'm hoping I'm able to see it from the front. Is the front access that you're referring to where the drain trap/filter is located - that small door?

Thanks!
Jeff / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 3:51:32 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Yes you will need to run it. The back is going to be the easiest location. The other access hole is under the bottom of the washer. You will have to pull the machine out, and lean it back to see it. If you do this be sure and turn the machine off. Don't try to run it while leaning it backward.:)
cah14522  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:16:22 AM(UTC)
cah14522

So there is a back panel to remove, which I could remove and still run the machine? Is there any sort of repair manual that would show me which panel to remove, how to go about that, etc.? Thank you
Jeff / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 8:54:31 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Don't have a manual, but if you pull the machine out. It is in the center of the back of the washer. It has screws holding it on. I am putting a link to the parts diagram to help you see it. It is A101 on the diagram.
Section 1 replacement parts for LG WM1832CW Washer | AppliancePartsPros.com
cah14522  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 22, 2011 10:41:15 AM(UTC)
cah14522

OK - I'll try to give this a shot tonight / tomorrow night. Thanks again for all of your help!
natxner  
#10 Posted : Monday, October 3, 2011 8:38:24 AM(UTC)
natxner

inspect boot between door and tub. on ours, the tub has 'somehow' moved forward a bit and the spinning basket rubs the boot creating a hole. still trying to figure out how to 'relocate' or adjust tub assembly ...
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply