Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pullmyfinger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:04:40 AM(UTC)
pullmyfinger

Groups: Registered

I've got an older Maytag that about 15-20 years old. It was a hand me down from my in-laws. It's been a great washer. The only thing I've done to it in the 11+ years that I have had it has been to replace the belts about 5 years ago when I put too many pairs of jeans in it. Everyone here has been very helpful in the past, so I thought I would get some pointers before I dive in to this.

Last night I opened the washer lid to find about 2 inches or so of water left in the tub. I tried re-running to get the water out, but got nothing. It still fills & agitates, but won't drain. It sounds like the pump is running, but not a drop is coming out. Is does sound a little funny. Kind of a deeper sounding hum than normal. It was late last night, so I didn't want to bother with it then. This afternoon I start my vacation, so what better way to start it! What should I be looking for when I get into this thing? Could it be something as easy as a belt again, or is there anything else that's common? Thanks in advance. Gary.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

denman  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 6:49:02 AM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Please check your Model Number, it comes up as a stove
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
pullmyfinger  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 7:05:26 AM(UTC)
pullmyfinger

Sorry! I'm a idiot! The correct model # is A382
pullmyfinger  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 1:48:29 PM(UTC)
pullmyfinger

O.K. I pulled everything out & found about 50 dryer sheets under the washer. Some of them wrapped themselves around the pump. I pulled them out the best I could, but I can't get it all. They also melted the outer edge of the pump where the shaft comes out a little bit. The pulley moves better now, but there is some resistance when I turn it. I would think there should be some resistance. I wouldn't think it should move free like an idler pulley. Do you think I should put it back together & see what happens or should I play it safe & replace the pump?
pullmyfinger  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:33:09 PM(UTC)
pullmyfinger

Well, I put it back together & it works fine. I figure if it acts up again, I'll just replace the pump. Thanks for all the help & suggestions! :rolleyes:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply