Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Nix  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 3:09:15 PM(UTC)
Nix

Groups: Registered

I'm having a problem with my GE front load washer WHDVH626F0WW / WHDVH626FWW / WHDVH626

The first problem was that when I started a new load, the drum would turn half a turn each way a couple of times, then stop and unlock the door and then never do anything else. No error codes, it just acted like it was done washing the load. After a couple of tries, I unplugged it and waited 30 seconds and plugged it back in to reset the Control Board.

Now it won't power up when plugged in. No display, no lights, no beeps, no codes, and no buttons do anything.

The outlet could run a hair dryer, so I pulled the top and checked the power in the washer using my multimeter. It showed 122V at the socket, 122V on both sides of the Line Filter, and 122V at pins 2 & 4 on the P1 connector to the Main Control Board.

Now I'm stuck, and I have a few questions:

1) Is this the right way to test the Line Filter? I'd really like this to be just a bad Line Filter....

2) Is there any way to test the Control Board to tell if it is bad?

3) If I've fried the Control Board, how can I tell if there is something else still wrong that fried out the Control Board? I don't want to put a new one in just to fry out another one.

Any help to get this washer running would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Nix
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Jeff / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 7:16:52 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

According to the wireing diagram for this model. If you have power coming to the P1 connection at pins 2 and 4 then power is going through the filter board and it is ok. It seems like the main control is your problem. The part number for this is Part number: AP3995160
Nix  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 20, 2011 2:55:49 PM(UTC)
Nix

The new Main Control Board resolved the problem. Thanks.
Jeff / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 21, 2011 3:48:10 AM(UTC)
Jeff / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Your Welcome! Thank You.
bethdavisba  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 8:21:09 AM(UTC)
bethdavisba

How Do You Access To Change Out The Control Board? My Husband Has Changed Out A Board In Our Microwave, So I Assume He Can Do This, Too.
Nix  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 7, 2011 10:38:14 PM(UTC)
Nix

Originally Posted by: bethdavisba Go to Quoted Post
How Do You Access To Change Out The Control Board? My Husband Has Changed Out A Board In Our Microwave, So I Assume He Can Do This, Too.

I found a manual online that showed everything, but I really didn't need it. The Control Board is located behind all the buttons and the display on the front. Well, to be more accurate, the display IS part of the control board, and the buttons push stuff directly on the control board.

To get to it,

1) remove the back of the curved panel on the top of the washer. There are 3 screws holding it in, then it pops out.
2) remove the entire top panel, which slides to the rear of the washer after you remove the machine screws on the back. I actually don't know if I really had to do this to change the board, but I needed to check the line filter, so I took it off regardless. You can look in and see the back of the board with the top panel off.
3) Pull off the round knob by pulling out, and pull out the detergent tray. There is a tab on the detergent tray you push down so the whole thing comes completely out. Remove a screw on the front where the tray was, then remove a set of screws on the top that were under the curved panel.
4) Now the whole front panel can be pulled out, including the control board. It won't go far, because it is still wired in, but you will now have access to the back of the board.
5) Unplug the wires from the board. Draw a diagram or take a picture if you need to so you know where to plug them in on the new board, but the connectors pretty much only line up one way.
6) There are a set of screws and plastic clips that hold the board in. Remove the screws, and then use a screwdriver to slowly work all the clips free. 4 hands can come in handy here, but 2 will work if you are patient and the board will come free.
7) The buttons themselves are hooked onto the Control Board. One prong of each set of buttons comes out easily, allowing the buttons to swing out so the other prongs can come out. Sounds confusing, but you will understand when you look closely.

Installation is the reverse of removal, and was actually easier.

When you are done, plug in the machine. The first time you plug it in, you have to select a number with the dial to match what exact model you have. There is a sheet of paper that comes with the board that explains what number to choose to match your model.

I think this was all included in the instructions that came with the Control Board too. It was about an hour of work going slow and making sure I understood everything, but nothing was difficult. I'm going to guess that some pros are going to read this and laugh at me, because a pro with a power screwdriver could probably change a board on one of these in less than 5 minutes. He (or she) would charge you the full hour though....

The instructions that described everything in even better detail, with pictures is the "technical service guide".
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply