Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
orprepus  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 11, 2011 11:28:44 AM(UTC)
orprepus

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Replaced the bearings on washer and when I got it back together it ran fine accept the high speed spin. Would start about 5 seconds later would stop and wash would come out very wet/damp. Checked the Unbalanced circuit and it checked out ok - wax motor - door closed switch - spin switch all check out also - even did the motor board test and the tachometer test on the motorboard. Really at a lost of what to check next - any techs out there with an idea I would really appreciate some new ideas.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 12, 2011 5:07:15 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well first of all hats off for being able to replace the bearings in this bad boy.

Now your question, this is a hard one.

Maytag redesigned the motor and motor control board, and sell the combo in a kit, which is pretty expensive.

If you had not gone to the trouble of replacing the bearings I would say give up on this model, as it is one of the most troublesome ever sold. Your problem could still be the motor/motor control or it could be the main control but since you say they check out it could be the wiring, which is really hard to find if there is a bad connection or frayed spot.

I would try to test all of the wiring, and clean and reseat all the contacts.
orprepus  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 2, 2011 9:07:56 PM(UTC)
orprepus

Groups: Registered

Well I did check all the wiring - unplugged everything and plugged it back in. Worked fine for about 5 loads. Than the belt jumped off the drum wheel. The wheel was actually loose. I tighten it up and put the belt back on and now I have the same problem - it gets to high speed spin for about 15 sec. and than stops and starts again. When I looked at the wheel it was not flush to the end of the shaft from the spider. On the spider there was seat or seal on it different from the bearing seal - was I suppose to take that off and repace - it was not in the seal kit?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply