Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
oilspot  
#11 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 9:13:15 AM(UTC)
oilspot

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: libertyappl Go to Quoted Post

Why did they buy a new washer again?

Nat

He said that if you put a really large load, like a bunch of towels in, that it would take a long time to get up to speed on the spin mode.
knowing now that it's a belt drive makes me wonder if the belt isn't worn/ loose. And that's all they would have had to take care of to have a perfectly good washer.

anyway. I pulled the control panel (it hinges forward) I unplugged and replugged everything one at a time and have it filling right now.
I'd check connections on the bottom but it doesn't have an opened bottom. If I can't get it soon I gotta get to the laundrymat or my wife will have my head:D.
libertyappl  
#12 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 9:22:41 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

If it doesn't agitate or spin properly, there should be two screws near the floor on the front panel, if so remove those and the front panel and see what parts are moving under the tub. I need to look at the breakdown again to be certain this is how to access it.

Nat
oilspot  
#13 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 9:23:29 AM(UTC)
oilspot

well... in the name of keeping the peace with the woman that puts up with me. I'm off to the laundromat. I'm just glad I can bring everything home and dry it here.

I figure when I come back I'll pull the bottom off and check all the connections to the motor itself.
I'll report back at what I find.
libertyappl  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 9:24:57 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Keep us posted. And by all means you must keep the woman who cooks for you and puts up with you happy! ;)

Nat
oilspot  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 11:28:01 AM(UTC)
oilspot

back from washing stuff at the laundromat.

When I went tip the washer up to take out the screws on the bottom, I realized there was water in there from when I filled it last time to check to see if it would wash. So i turn the knob around to drain it. Just happened to put it on the rinse position. All of a sudden it starts agitating. Swing it to a wash setting and nothing. Tried it on the rinse cycle on other settings, nothing.

So it will agitate on the rinse cycle, only on the delicate setting though... HUH? Now this is getting weird.
libertyappl  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 1:06:11 PM(UTC)
libertyappl

If it started agitating when you tipped it back, I'm assuming that you set it back down for the others tests, then I still would have to say a loose connection somewhere.

Nat
oilspot  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 1:10:57 PM(UTC)
oilspot

No... when I tipped it back, I realized it was full of water.

I put it down and that's when I figured out it would agitate in the rinse cycle of the delicate wash only. I ran all the other tests without moving the washer at all
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply