Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jeri4love  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 8, 2011 1:54:57 PM(UTC)
jeri4love

Groups: Registered

I have used this washer before & remember the bottom agitator working fine. When the bottom agitator rotated to the left the top agitator would rotate to to the right, now the top agitator just spins. I'm not sure if this is the way the machine is supposed to run. I had a friend a look at the machine and he said the machine is running fine and there can only be one way for the the machine to agitate. Please help me with this little problem, I've also noticed when the machine spins the clothes are still pretty wet. Thank you, Jeri
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 1:49:31 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jeri4love Go to Quoted Post
I have used this washer before & remember the bottom agitator working fine. When the bottom agitator rotated to the left the top agitator would rotate to to the right, now the top agitator just spins. I'm not sure if this is the way the machine is supposed to run. I had a friend a look at the machine and he said the machine is running fine and there can only be one way for the the machine to agitate. Please help me with this little problem, I've also noticed when the machine spins the clothes are still pretty wet. Thank you, Jeri

Jeri,

The agitator auger just spinning indicates the "dogs" aren't catching on the inside of the auger,

they're either totally gummed up or damaged,

Here's the agitator repair kit,

Part number: AP3094543
Part number: AP3094543

You'll need to remove the cap off the agitator, and the plastic cover under that,

It's easier if you remove the agitator bolt, located down the center opening, and remove the auger assembly, just lift up and off, then remove the "dogs" and reverse the process to re install the agitator.

As for a poor spin/drain,

Check and make sure the drain hose is not kinked or stuffed too far down the drain pipe.

Using a flashlight, look through the extraction holes in tub and look for something small stuck between the tubs.

Otherwise, you most likely have a clogged or damaged drain pump, or slipping clutch assembly, Is your friend familliar with accessing the internal components of your washing machine ?

We'll be happy to help if not.

:) :) :)
Repair Technician  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 9, 2011 5:02:13 PM(UTC)
Repair Technician

Groups: Registered

Most definitely right, the dogs fail on a regular basis, I see this unit everyday, it's a very common washer n my service area.

replacing these are very simple, if the above hasn't helped check us out.

Appliance Repair Technician:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply