Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pouncer012  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:15:13 PM(UTC)
Pouncer012

Groups: Registered

The motor turns, aggitator doesn't. Starting the cycle, water fills, but then doesn't start the aggitator to spin. However, placing it on "Spin" cycle starts to turn the basket and drains the water. Does this mean the transmission or the clutch has gone bad? I've pulled the motor off which runs perfectly when not attached to the transmission. But then if I start to remove the transmission off the aggitator rod, there's a white piece which can be found here ... Brake and drive tube replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KAWE755VAL0 | AppliancePartsPros.com make sure you're on the brake and drive tube link to the left hand side, and in the diagram shows the white part #15.) This white piece seems to be off track or something not sure. But I can't afford to buy a new washer, but if I spend anything over $100 then I'm just gonna have to buy one later down the road, however, if I can fix this one, I will.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:46:37 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well I am not sure which white piece you are referring to, but in many cases the source of your problem is the agitator cams called "dogs" have broken. These are four plastic pieces, and if the agitator turns freely during the agitation cycle they may be the problem.

Pull the agitator apart, replace the dogs and see if that fixes things. All in all, if it does it is the least expensive repair you can have.
Pouncer012  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 8:10:50 AM(UTC)
Pouncer012

Groups: Registered

I'll have to upload some pics later on about the part I'm talking about. But you have the motor, transmission, and then the gold circular part just above the transmission with a rubber ring inside, there's a white part that is mostly circular, but then has that sharp part of it that kinda points down too and that's what seems to be off track or whatever that helps move the agitator, however, I can't seem to get that transmission off the rod or that white part to move back into place. Cause when the washer was running, it just like hopped off the white part or that part off the track and now the agitator won't move, nor does putting the motor back on even move the transmission. Its like stuck lol. But thank you for the reply, I'll have to post some pics later to show what I'm talking about. Thank you for your time and consideration in helping out.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply