Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
silver viking  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 2:25:37 PM(UTC)
silver viking

Groups: Registered

I have a gltf1670as washer. I purchased 2 dampers from this site and just installed them. Without anything in the washer it is still very unbalanced and bouncing around as though the drum is off center. What else could be broken?:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 7:41:17 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well darn, sorry that did not fix the problem.

It may be the springs, but on these models the spider assembly which support the rear tub often breaks, and the expense of the repairs makes it uneconomic to fix things. Check the springs, but I think it is likely the rear tub assembly is broken.

If that is the case, you may be able to return the supports. Check with APP and see the returns policy.
silver viking  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 11:25:56 AM(UTC)
silver viking

I am fine with keeping the dampers in the machine and not returning them. I checked the springs suspending the drum and they seem secure and undamaged. You have confirmed my fears of the spider being broken. If it is broken, does the possibility exist of welding the fracture or reinforcing the area? Thank you very much for your help.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Sunday, February 6, 2011 12:38:17 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

If the spider is busted the normal diagnosis is to replace it. I don't know if it is possible to weld a repair, and while I doubt it there may be others who see this post and have a way for a skilled and experienced welder (ie, someone who is not me) to do it.
silver viking  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 8:59:37 AM(UTC)
silver viking

Looking at pictures of other broken spiders online it does not look weldable because of all the crosion that takes place. I am being hopefull that it somehow failed by cracking and can be welded. I will dig into it tonight and and see for sure.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply