Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bsheva  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 4, 2011 5:55:55 AM(UTC)
bsheva

Groups: Registered

recently our washer had the following symptom: would not finish a cycle without shuting its self off. We would have to hit start button 4 - 5 times to complete a wash cycle. I orderd a new control board and the part arrived, went to replace board and it is definatlly different from the origional one..1) larger in size 2) different style connectors 3) will not mount to existing control board bracket. They are telling me that this is an updated version and is the correct board....they could not tell me about a wiring harness or control board bracket if needed. My model # MAH3000aww. Serial #25146264UD. Can anyone tell me if this the correct part and what I need to do to install it.

Thanks,
Bryan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:03:59 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

You don't say if you bought it from this site. If you did not, here is the one listed on this site,

Part number: AP4010055

See if it matches with your old one.

If you still have problem try talking to the parts folks here at APP. Those of us who reply on this Forum are not associated with the parts operations so we pretty much have to refer you to them.
bsheva  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:22:41 PM(UTC)
bsheva

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
You don't say if you bought it from this site. If you did not, here is the one listed on this site,

See if it matches with your old one.

If you still have problem try talking to the parts folks here at APP. Those of us who reply on this Forum are not associated with the parts operations so we pretty much have to refer you to them.

Yes I did purchase the control board from APP. I did try calling them and the response i received is this board is the correct one or my machine...might look different as they updated board..i said ok but what about the connectors tht dont match up.....she said oh dont worry the connectors dont connect to this board..then i gave up as i know she was not knowlegable about the repair of the washer....your picture does show what I received....but is different than origional...
thanks
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 4:48:55 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Well darn, I am sorry this happened to you. Usually APP is one of the best with respect to customer service.

I just looked again at the Maytag site (sorry, it is not accessible by the public) and I do not see any bulletin on a re-design of the board, and did not think there would be one.

I would call APP again, and if you do not get satisfaction from the person you talk with keep after them, ask to speak to a manager or someone familiar with Maytag Neptunes. Be sure and give them both the model number and the serial number.

If all fails, you can return the part and try another supplier
bsheva  
#5 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:08:03 PM(UTC)
bsheva

Originally Posted by: sidfink43 Go to Quoted Post
Well darn, I am sorry this happened to you. Usually APP is one of the best with respect to customer service.

I just looked again at the Maytag site (sorry, it is not accessible by the public) and I do not see any bulletin on a re-design of the board, and did not think there would be one.

I would call APP again, and if you do not get satisfaction from the person you talk with keep after them, ask to speak to a manager or someone familiar with Maytag Neptunes. Be sure and give them both the model number and the serial number.

If all fails, you can return the part and try another supplier

Thanks for your help.... I will try to give them a call again.
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, February 5, 2011 5:27:17 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Ok good, let us know how it goes.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply