Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jharrington1222  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:57:55 PM(UTC)
jharrington1222

Groups: Registered

Hi,

In certain cycles/parts of a cycle, my Gibson washer will start, fill, and agitate for a minute or so, then stop and sit. If I advance by hand, it will drain, but when I advance to spin, there is no spin. Different wash modes have different variations in different parts of the cycle, but it won't spin in any cycle when I advance it manually.

The fact that it won't advance would seem to be a timer problem, but is it possible that the timer alone would not allow it to spin even if set manually?

I believe I have replaced the main controller and the door lock about a year ago.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 3, 2011 5:05:48 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Use the tech notes inside the lower service panel to test the speed control board. Also check the door lock mechanism and its wiring. They are the most likely culprits.
jharrington1222  
#3 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:20:24 PM(UTC)
jharrington1222

Groups: Registered

Hi, thanks. I think you're right about the speed control board, as I replaced the timer on some misguided advice, and it didn't change anything. I combed the machine, but don't see "tech notes" anywhere, not quite sure what you mean by the lower service panel. Is that just the big access panel on the back? I have combed through all the diagrams for this model, and can't determine which part is the "speed control" board. You wouldn't happen to know how that part is referred to in the diagrams, would you?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your help!
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 4:39:45 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The lower service panel is the panel on the front beneath the door. Here is the speed control board for your model.

Part number: AP3967975
Part number: AP3967975

I am also going to link you to a service manual that should cover your model. It should enable you to test things out, but if you cannot find the problem try replacing the speed control board. If you buy from this site (those of us who respond are not a part of APP or its parts operations) and the part does not fix the problem you can return it. See the returns policy for conditions and details.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co..._TumbleActionWashers.pdf
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply