Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlmarian  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:42:33 PM(UTC)
carlmarian

Groups: Registered

My washer will only fill up about halfway even when the largest load size is selected unless I stand there and hold the water level selector knob in between the large and extra large steeings until it has filled to the proper level After the wash cycle completes, I must stand there and hold the knob between settings to get the proper level of water This takes so long because the washer only allows cold water to fill the alternates for the hot water--back and forth until it fills. This is the first washer I have ever owned that does not blend the hot and cold water to get warm water while filling up Im not sure if i need to replace the water level switch part number AP4567129 and the clip that holds it in place OR the water inlet valve part AP3175369.
Has anyone else had this to happen ? What should I do? The washer cleans just fine otherwise but it is really frustrating to always have to hang around the laundry room waiting for the rinse cycle
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 1:35:24 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carlmarian Go to Quoted Post
My washer will only fill up about halfway even when the largest load size is selected unless I stand there and hold the water level selector knob in between the large and extra large steeings until it has filled to the proper level After the wash cycle completes, I must stand there and hold the knob between settings to get the proper level of water This takes so long because the washer only allows cold water to fill the alternates for the hot water--back and forth until it fills. This is the first washer I have ever owned that does not blend the hot and cold water to get warm water while filling up Im not sure if i need to replace the water level switch part number AP4567129 and the clip that holds it in place OR the water inlet valve part AP3175369.
Has anyone else had this to happen ? What should I do? The washer cleans just fine otherwise but it is really frustrating to always have to hang around the laundry room waiting for the rinse cycle

CarlMarian,

Before you replace anything,

Check the screened washers in the end of the fill hose and the fill valve screens in the valve, clean as much debris, sediment as possible, and flush the water line, faucets, and hoses for a few minutes.

Your washer has a ATC (automatic temperature control)system.
It does cycle the fill valves during the wash cycle fill.
The target temperatures( in the tub) are: cold fill 70 to 80 dgrs, warm fill 90 to 100 dgrs , and hot fill 110dgrs.

And the rinse water is only cold fill on all settings.

As for the tub only filling half way,

Check the water level switch air tube for kinks, and sediment in the tube, you can usually blow in the end of the tube at the water level switch, and clear any debris.

If you still have a fill problem, then replace the water level switch

Part number: AP4567129
Part number: AP4567129

:) :) :)
carlmarian  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 17, 2011 4:00:13 PM(UTC)
carlmarian

Groups: Registered

Joe, Thanks so much for your reply to my post After performing the checks you posted I believe the problem is in the water level switch since it is extremely hard to turn from level to level
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 18, 2011 5:14:32 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: carlmarian Go to Quoted Post
Joe, Thanks so much for your reply to my post After performing the checks you posted I believe the problem is in the water level switch since it is extremely hard to turn from level to level

Carl,

Good idea, presumption.

The stiff adjustment, would be a good indication of a bad switch.

Good Luck,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply