Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jyobpner  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 31, 2011 9:36:02 AM(UTC)
jyobpner

Groups: Registered

Hello all...

I have been searching the archives for a similar problem but haven't found one yet so I figured I would throw this one out to everyone.

My front-loader leaks when it fills for the rinsing cycle. I have the bottom panel off and can look in and see water coming from plastic line that feeds the water into the washer drum right behind the hinge for the front door. It looks like the plastic part is coming from the detergent drawer but I can't get a clear look at it without taking the entire front off of the machine. Any ideas here? I can't find that plastic part in any diagrams I have found either.

Thanks in advance.
Jim
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 1, 2011 5:09:17 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

The diagrams on this model are not all that great, see if this service manual will pinpoint what you are looking for.

http://frigidaireservicetips.co..._TumbleActionWashers.pdf
jyobpner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 5:33:45 PM(UTC)
jyobpner

Groups: Registered

Thank you for the manual! I still didn't see the offending item pictured there, but I was able to look deeper into the machine by using the manual. It looks to be the Siphon Trap that is leaking but it seems to be leaking from a hole in the top of the siphon... probably an air inlet. Not sure if I have a blockage somewhere downstream that is keeping the water from flowing through fast enough but will look into that. In the meantime, I attached a small piece of tubing to the air hole to act as a snorkel to still let air but not let the water out.

Thanks again.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 2, 2011 6:03:04 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Well neat! Glad you got something that works, at least temporarily and thanks for the update
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply