Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
EvMiller  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 8:03:15 AM(UTC)
EvMiller

Groups: Registered

My Frigidaire front-load washer has begun not completing cycles. It washes and sometime in the rinse cycle it stops, all lights blink and it beeps continually. There is water remaining in the tub and the door remains locked. If I manually change to "Rinse and Spin" or "Drain and Spin" it will complete the cycle and finish. (Sometimes I've had to do that twice.) So, it is pumping out fine. What am I dealing with here--electronic controls??? Thank you for your help/advice.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 30, 2011 4:14:15 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Your machine has some built in diagnostics. Look inside the lower service panel for tech notes that will tell you how to troubleshoot things. Focus on the door lock assembly and the speed control board.
EvMiller  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 9:23:57 AM(UTC)
EvMiller

It appears I need to R & R the control board in my washer (Frigidaire Model LTF 2140 ES1) what is the protocol, please? I have run the diagnostics, the individual circuits respond correctly but the indicator lights just blink incessantly when the cycle interrupts every time we wash. I am handy and competent with tools but I need to start at the beginning: Where is the control board located? Thank you very much, Ev
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:52:21 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Friogidaire has good service manuals, and while you need a pw to get into therir site, they will let us link you to one. Here is what you want.

http://www.emaservicetips.com/p...rizontalAxisWasherSM.pdf

It's not a difficult job, you will do fine.
EvMiller  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 10:19:00 AM(UTC)
EvMiller

Thank you. That is a good service manual. However, I still have some confusion since they speak of a "motor control board" as well as the electronic or user control board. I am assuming I need to replace the electronic control board, behind the user panel in the top of the machine. Can you confirm this? Again, my thanks as you have been very helpful, Everett Miller
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 4, 2011 12:49:50 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

The motor control board is sometimes called the speed control board and controls the motor. The main user board, which is what it sounds like you need is on the top behind the console.

Hope this helps, good luck.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply