Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerman  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 13, 2007 3:31:55 PM(UTC)
jerman

Groups: Registered

How to remove the lid switch on a double stack washer dryer.The lid switch is in the back rt side of the washer tub up high.The front panel removes and one screw on the top mount between the dryer and the washer was difficult to remove but did so and still cannot see to remove the lid switch.Do I need to remove the dryer on top to get to the other screw ie to remove.Question.

Checking lid switch:as the electrical diagram shows the timer in the fill wash cycle the voltage at the motor (black wire)should be 120 volts.No voltage read at the motor.No advancement on the timer.The only cycle that works is by manually advancing the timer to the pump cycle and that is the only part of the wash cycle that works.The water will not fill in the tub,the timer will not advance,the agitation cycles will not work.Suspect the lid switch as the water valve solenoids and main timer have been replaced trying to dicypher the problem.Please lend your expertise.Thanks John Jerman
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.