Discuss

Maytag Centennial no water lines and screens ok

in

Washer Repair

. "

The following is the information provided by the other expert Jeff Kelley: "The water valve is energized by this switch

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Washer Repair » Maytag Centennial no water lines and screens ok

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-03-2011, 01:27 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

Gene has a brilliant futureGene has a brilliant future

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

The following is the information provided by the other expert Jeff Kelley:

"The water valve is energized by this switch AP4501024 . This is a switch which contains a small control board inside. The load sensing switch. If it is bad the water will not come in and the valve will test bad. I have repaired hundreds of these machines with this same problem. This is what I use to fix them. Hope this helps!"

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 02-03-2011, 01:51 PM

bgrable is on a distinguished road
Default voltage and hoses/ attention Gene

I checked the hoses removed and ran water through them no clogs . So I put all the hoses back on. Then I removed the both of the clips to water solenoids
One at a time I put volt meter in the clips that go to the water valves. I have no voltage on any cycle to the solenoids . The wiring diagram shows a fuse . Is the main control knob fused? If so where? I would have to take the main control apart to see anything Burnt. Also I see a blue capacitor could that burn up? Any ideas ?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

There are no fuses in this washer. If you mean the part shown on the top left part of the wiring diagram then this is the lid switch as described in the legend on the left side. There is nothing wrong with the lid switch because the washer does spin.

The reason why I asked you to trace the pressure hose is to find where it is connected to. Normally this hose should be connected to a water level switch, but there is no such part shown for this model.

There is a very good chance for the switch mentioned by Jeff to be the culprit because his advice based on his very good experience. There is nothing to loose for you because you can return any unneeded part purchased from Appliance Parts Pros even if it was installed.

Gene.

Order Appliance Parts with 365-Day Hassle Free Return Policy - AppliancePartsPros.com
Old 02-03-2011, 06:04 PM

Default I will try the switch

The switch sounds like a good idea its right under the valves. Its ordered i will let you know.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:56 PM

Default Softner switch fixes the problem

I replaced the softner switch and now the water works. I guess i need to return the water valves do I need a return # from parts pros. Thanks for everyones help. Do you know we never use the softner switch ever. Who would have thought it would stop all water from comming into the machine.
Thanks Again bgrable
Old 02-05-2011, 07:28 PM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

You are welcome. We are glad you were able to fix it.

You probably can return the water valve but the test showed a bad thermistor on the original valve. You may want to put the old valve back and see how it works before you return the new one.

In regards of the part return you have to call the APP customer service.

Gene.

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.