Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ksny7  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 3:29:44 PM(UTC)
ksny7

Groups: Registered

Just got the belt changed on my Maytag Ensignia yesterday by a repairman due to squeaking and a burning smell and some smoke after each load. While the repairman was here he tested it after changing the belt and it worked fine. I did one load and noticed it squeaked a lot more and after the load done it was very damp, so I tried to run it through a spin cycle again but it only buzzed. I called the repairman and he suggested waiting an hour and trying again but it still buzzed and didn't spin. I called him this afternoon and he thinks the motor may be burnt out and to get a new washer. I love this washer, it worked great till now, is he right?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 21, 2011 1:48:22 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ksny7 Go to Quoted Post
Just got the belt changed on my Maytag Ensignia yesterday by a repairman due to squeaking and a burning smell and some smoke after each load. While the repairman was here he tested it after changing the belt and it worked fine. I did one load and noticed it squeaked a lot more and after the load done it was very damp, so I tried to run it through a spin cycle again but it only buzzed. I called the repairman and he suggested waiting an hour and trying again but it still buzzed and didn't spin. I called him this afternoon and he thinks the motor may be burnt out and to get a new washer. I love this washer, it worked great till now, is he right?

Ksny,

The repairman, could be right, burnt motor, or timer, actually.

There are other"minor" possibilities,

Try this,

Raise the front of the washer off the floor and remove the belt, be careful, don't get your finger stuck between the belt and pulleys, watch out for sharp edges on the metal framework.

Put the washer back down, select the spin/drain mode and pull out the timer knob, if the motor runs, it and the timer are OK, and we've got something else mechanical (bad drain pump, bad tub bearing, bad brake and drive pulley cam)wrong.

Let us know what you find, and we can get you through the other checks, before you call him in again.

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply