Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Noahshelper  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:07:29 AM(UTC)
Noahshelper

Groups: Registered

I have this washier by Kenmore. Now listen please, It doesn't agitate very well
when washing the clothes, How-ever it drains and spins really nice. Some one told me it was a belt I don't think it has a belt into it. Somebody mention about
dogs? Somebody said trans. What do you think it could be or is? I don't have the money to get another one Thanks Noahshelper
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

magician59  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 18, 2011 10:55:28 AM(UTC)
magician59

Groups: Senior Expert

Open the lid and try to move the agitator back and forth by hand. If it moves both directions with little or no effort, the agitator ratcheting dogs are probably the culprit. If it moves only in one direction, the dogs are good.

The next thing to check is the drive block. You'll have to remove the agitator to check this. If it's worn, you'll need to replace it. It isn't very expensive. To remove the agitator, pull the top of it off. If yours has the softener dispenser cup at the top, pull the blue ring up and pop the top section off. Then, find the small slot in the perimiter of the flat cap, pry there with a small bladed screwdriver to remove the cap. there should then be a dust cap just inside the agitator; lift it out to expose the 7/16" screw. Remove the screw to pull the agitator off the shaft.

Examine the drive block and look at the splines on the shaft and mating teeth inside the agitator. Replace the worn or broken parts.

If all these things are OK, Let us know and we'll try further checks to help you solve your problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply