Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JimGentry  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 29, 2008 3:40:26 PM(UTC)
JimGentry

Groups: Registered

I just replaced the snubber ring and brake on the above washer after discovering white powder all over the floor and investigating for loud operation. The brake I did just because I had it that far apart, I might as well... There was also a lot of black dust near the brake cover, so I figured it couldn't hurt.

Now, the washer will fill and agitate on all cycles, and it will spin, though sluggishly (spin and agitate at the same time, it appears), on the gentle cycle, but no spin on the regular. When it gets to the spin cycle in regular mode, the water level switch trips, and it will not continue through the rest of the cycle - unless I advance the timer a couple clicks and reset the water level switch. But it still doesn't spin. It agitates instead.

The unit DOES drain, and it DOES go through the second spin in normal mode, but after <30 seconds or so, it stops, agitates, then gets up to speed, then stops, agitates, then ramps up, etc....until the cycle is done.

Anything to look at?

I'll also note that about 6 months ago I replaced the Timer unit.

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.